Let's see your bouquets!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I cut these this a.m. Just a close up. I'll try to get a full shot later.

Thumbnail by Poochella
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

My, nice color combo there, Annie!

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

mmmmmmm.....Yummy!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I like pink and yellow together, yellow and purple too
Here's one side of the whole shebang with Al's Alma Potschke aster which, although past its prime, didn't stop me from using it. Great pink color on that one.

Blurry LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/poochella/bouquets/pinkandyellowbouquetforDrB.jpg

the other side
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/poochella/bouquets/bouquetDrBwithalmaPotschke.jpg

Thumbnail by Poochella
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

You won't know if I cheat and post this one from last year, will you? I really like the oranges, yellows and reds at this time of year too.

There isn't a color I DON'T like!

Thumbnail by Poochella

Oh my, Annie! Those are stunning! Now, how in the world would we know if that last one was from last year...hmmmm??? LOL

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

lucious

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Very nice Pooch.

Delhi, IA

Poochella that 6:00 cactus has tips that sure pick up on 7:00 and the peachy one at 3 o'clock. Gorgeous!!!

Who you got there, Poochella??

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

You wouldn't know it was last year's Mendy, but I wanted a clear conscience posting an old effort LOL

6:00 Chimacum Topaz,
7:00 Jomanda
3:00 I believe is one I call Topaz. Same colors as Reedly waterlily (right above it and left a bit.) Topaz is a little bit bigger ~6 inch ID in yellowy orange.

Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

Here are some blooms from this morning.

Thumbnail by pegdog

oooooooo, very nice, pegdog! I like your dining set too. :o)

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh, I like those, I didn't have any whites this year at all and I love the contrasts.
BTW pooch, we have had cats for years, well up until this year when we lost ours and they actually never bothered that stuff? Go figure.

Chicago, IL

This is really cool. Love all your bouquets. Hope we have time to enjoy more of them before deep frost hits.
I am not ready to dig out anything yet.

Here are my fall bouquets just cut this morning:

Thumbnail by Pitimpinai
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

oooh Mone! Who is the big bright orange fluffster on the left? Great bright color!

Chicago, IL

Marigold 'Simba' ....fluffy just like Simba's mane. :-)

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

No way! Not a marigold- as in regular little yellow to orange marigolds the slugs eat to the stem every year in WA? That is huge!

Chicago, IL

Well, it is as big as Hillcrest Kismet who is right underneath. :-)

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I have been living in marigold ignorance my whole life! All I ever see are little 1- 2 inch ones at the nurseries/stores. Simba is a beast!

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

You actually cut some dahlias, Mone???
Well, good for you then. Now you can enjoy them inside!
They do look good. I do like that marigold tho. It is huge like Annie says!
I grow marigold where I can in the gardens. I like their colors.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Great fall colors, just add the pumpkin and witch and you are good to go! Didn't have any marigolds this year and now I miss them!
Guess what though, went out yesterday just after my post and there were two white dahlias drooped to the ground never to be seen until I wished for them!
Candee

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Pegdog, lovely whites and lavs there; and I like your dining set too! What are the flowers at 3:00 and 4:00- a white fluffy and the lavender/white one set in a bit? Very nice!

I had to give up on marigolds in the ground here. Even with slug bait they disappear from blooming plants to stems-only overnight. I put a few in rail riders up in the 'no slug' zone of the porch.

You're luckier than me on well-behaved cats Haighr! I have one mean bully who chases a couple others relentlessly. Hubby has given me some wonderful delicate vases over the years and I don't dare use them except way up high.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Actually they were well behavied and it was luck, had three and none of them bothered a thing. Not having any more right now though as afraid our luck might run out on the next one.

I just forgot about the marigolds and Pegdogs post will now be a reminder for next year!.

Delhi, IA

Here's Edinburgh and Last Dance. Last Dance has just a hint of lavender which makes it a good companion.

This message was edited Oct 9, 2006 6:40 PM

Thumbnail by jamlover
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

OMG, those are spectacular. What a great color combo, would look wonderful downstairs with my pool table that is covered in purple!!! Send them over here,
Candee

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

They are gorgeous, Jam! ...did you plan them that way when you ordered, or were you inspired after they bloomed? Just curious.

Suzy

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Really lovely combo Jam and from the looks of the lavenders your beetles have gone away! Three cheers.

A purple pool table! That's one thing you don't see very often.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Purple, smurple, ooohhhweee, that is purty.

Delhi, IA

Illoquin, they just ended up near each other in my dahlia bed. I love all the little pastels but keep telling myself no more since they are major beetle bait. My beetles seem to be leaving. Sure, we're do for a killer frost one of these nights.

Beachwood, OH

Man oh Manechevitz - those are gorgeous jamlover

Mone, love those marigolds! Who is the peach and yellow one in the vase on the right?

Jam, very nice pairing of Edinburgh and Last Dance!

Chicago, IL

That Marigold sure catches your attention, doesn't it? It is about 3' tall.
Carol, I cheated. lol. I only cut the ones from my garden when they get knocked over by wind or rain. Others? I just go over the fence and cut from my neighbor's garden and from the garden at the temple. lol.

Mendy, the peachy one on the left is an orange border from Carol, the middle one is Camano Pet, the one on the right is Summer Rain. All are very pretty right now.

Jam, those are very pretty. :-)

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

LOL Mone, I do the same at times. It is hard to waste good blooms, huh? But cutting your neighbors??? Funny gal you are. But if you planted, hey, there are yours right? hehe

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I am kind of slow witted here, Marigold I thought, what are they discussing till I looked at the enlargement, now that is really pretty, I like the shaggy look of it; different than most big marigolds. Pim, where did you get seed or are you saving some seed? What dahlia can I trade for some seed?

Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, and I have NO idea what I planted. I got them from Parks for free with my 1/2 delivered order. That's what we get for "sale shopping" eh? So, I stuck them in the ground and forgot to label.

The white and yellow are the same tubers ... planted 2 years ago. I don't dig them up so if they come back, yipee!

The purple/whites are new this year. Stuck 'em in the ground in July. purty eh?

Delhi, IA

Picked a bouquet for my hostess this pm. Stuck a few purple asters in to tie it together, but I guess only one of the three bunches shows.

Thumbnail by jamlover
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

That's a full bouquet Jam - looks great. I love your purple one also.

Mone - very pretty!

Chicago, IL

Purty. Purty!

Is the temp dropping to 32 around any of you tomorrow night ? I am not ready yet. Wahhh. Please let me see more blooms until the end of October. I am far less ready to dig any up. Not yet, please!!!

Lenjo, I got the seeds from Thompson and Morgan. I still have some left and will be happy to sharethem with you. I collected some from the plants but I don't think they are viable. Dmail me your address. I'll send you some. I have a lot of other seeds too and many perennials that I need to divide. You name it. Chances are I have them.
Let's see if I can post a link to my trade lists here:

http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/pitimpinai
http://davesgarden.com/pf/imagesbyuser.php?user=Pitimpinai

I actually have a whole lot more plants and seeds than what are listed. I'll think about what Dahlias I can trade from you. Thanks. One friend said she would rip out all her rose bushes next spring to make room for Dahlias. lol. Yippee. More room for me. lol.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

You have really good friends Mone! If it's any consolation I will be in snow and "highs in the 30's" tomorrow in MN. It isn't really that much of a change given we've had 30's at our house for several days already, but it warms UP to the 50's. In northern MN where I will be going, it will be in the 20's at night and no dahlias will be visible, just polar bears and silly inhabitants of the area.

Jam, lovely bouquet! I just love that Wine and Roses and it's so late to bloom here I can't count on it for but a few flowers. It's so nice to see you beetle-free at last.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Jam, Oh that one is so pretty. Lovely shades of color. No frost our way yet so still time for more pickin. We are headed to Ohio this weekend and imagine it will be cooler that direction as they are calling for lake effect snow. Hoping I still have some color upon our return.
I wouldn't mind giving up a few dahlias to see a real polar bear in the wild pooch!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.