Computer program for landscaping

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

A few years ago I bought a computer program for landscaping. I never used it, and it may be too dated to be of value now (though as I recall it was pricey). Have any of you tried that kind of program? The one I have is "Sierra Complete LandDesigner." I like the idea of just using Excel (which I already do) and either Excel or a drawing program to do the layout -- sometimes pre-fab programs can be limiting. But I'd be curious if any of you have tried it, and whether it would be worth using -- or buying an update to. It is copywright 1998, and I don't see a version number on it.

Or have you tried a different type of software that you liked -- or hated?

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

You might get more of a response in the Garden Design forum.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks. Didn't realize that forum existed! I posted here because we had been talking about KatyMac's splendid Excel spreadsheets. But I'll do that!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Happy - I've been using Access for my data keeping, but until now, I haven't used any design programs. I have taken pictures of my yard through out the year so I can see what grows at any particular season.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

That's a good idea! I don't have Access, though I would think it would be a useful program for this purpose. I am fairly familiar with Excel though, and not at all with Access, so I'm not sure I want to start the process of learning a new sophisticated program just to keep track of my yard.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

makes sense to me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.