bulbs w/brick wall background

Washington, DC

I'm ordering bulbs that will have a background of an orange brick wall. Any suggestions for colors that won't compete?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I would think various shades of yellow would look great...you'd be suprised what colors will pass - even in front of brick.

Thumbnail by Chantell
Crozet, VA

That is a gorgeous rose Chantell. Thanks for sharing.

Ruby

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Is the brick actually orange or more of a peach color? I've never seen orange bricks. I have always treated any building color - brick, clapboard, whatever - as if it was a neutral and planted whatever colors I liked. If it's peach or orange, you might want to plant a few in that color range to pick up the color in the building, though.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ah Ruby...thank YOU!!! Saw it by my mom and dad's place last year and was so thankful my camera was in the car. God blesses us with such pretties to see each day!!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

My house is white, so I wish I had a brick wall I'd want to put white flowers there; at least some -I think would show up well

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Sally,
With white you can do anything!!! Even if you had plants with white blooms it would work...you just put them in "row 2" with ones that have color up against the house!!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Well, good point- and I also have these low windows that I don't think I should block. This is a spring pic of a bed by the drive, about 3 by 20 feet, that now has four o'clocks. But we digress. Deirdra, have you made any choices? Daffodils, tulips.......
you could put up a picture of the spot and get all our free advice.

Thumbnail by sallyg

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.