help on these...s. farinacea and sweet gum tree

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

my s. farinacea victoria blue and henry duehlberg and s. uliginosa for that matter don't seem to have any seeds. s. coccinea i can easily find the seeds but not on these. can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?

also, in the sweet gum tree...........are the seeds in those balls.........how do i harvest them as i want to send some out of the country? thanks.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Hiya,mama,don't know anything about farinacea,but you are dead on with the seed in the sweetgum balls,however I am pretty sure that the seed fall before the balls fall,thus you need to collect some just when they turn brown.In Ga.,most of us would like to see all of them "out of the country". Mike

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Amen Mike!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i know it but weren't they good for a fight when we were kids. a lady in england wants some of these seeds. well i don't have one of these trees near me. if i find the balls am i supposed to open them up and will the seeds just be right there? i will have to go to east texas to get these so i guess i will open some and see. thanks for the info.

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Gosh, I don't know. I have never looked for the seeds - I pick seedlings out by the tons though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.