costly learning lesson

North Wales, PA(Zone 6a)

I can't believe I did this. I had a fungus problem on my ivory halo dogwoods so I used an oil based fungicide on them. I didn't test before using. I have FRIED the leaves of my once beautiful shrubs and it just seems to get worse every day.

What do I do now??? Are they not getting nutrients they need because of the oil (looks as if the oil has acted as a magnifying glass for the sun)? Should I cut them back now?

Unless this is a new brown variegated cultivar, I think I have a problem :) :(.

North Wales, PA(Zone 6a)

Is there anyone on this forum who can/will respond???

Are you sure it wasn't the fungus that caused the leaves to brown as opposed to the fungicide? What was condition of the tree that made you think it had a fungus to begin with? What kind of fungicide did you use? Did the label specify it was o.k. to use on dogwood? I suspect your dogwoods are not dead (yet), just defoliated and they may start pushing out new growth. Sorry, I ask alot of questions!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

sansman - did you water the dogwoods before you applied the fungicide? If not, it could be you may have burned the roots - but I'm not sure.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Halo dogwood actually does better with hard pruning every couple of years, so if someone knows about cutting them back now, maybe that will help them rejuvinate from whatever the problem.
Trish

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.