Meyer Lemon leafminer damage

Whittier, CA(Zone 10a)

They were very bad, but I sprayed some Spinosad a couple of days ago...hopefully that took care of them. I would like to know if I should remove the damaged leaves? About a third of the plant is damaged :( It's about 3 feet tall in a half oak barrel in full sun, zone 10(?) Sunset zone 23. Thanks all-
Carol

Fulton, MO

It is my understanding that in Florida leaf miners just come with the citrus territory. Many of the plants I have received from reputable Florida nurseries have evidence of leaf miners. There, they are difficult to eradicate and cause cosmetic damage only. Most of the container citrus growers I know on this an other forums do not remove the leaves. The only situation where I would remove the leaves is if you have eradicated the pest and you insist on a aesthetically pristine plant.

Port Charlotte, FL

I',m a master gardner in south florida and leaf miner is a pest that we pay little attention to; they are almost imposible to deter and do only cosmetic damgage...and do not remove distorted leaves, for they are still functioning...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.