September's Dailly weather. When's it gonna cool down???

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well my computer's broke so I came to Library to send us all into September. Sorry I have no pretty picture, I sure hope ya'll post some good ones.
Ernesto left about 1.5 inches here. It's 80º here and partly cloudy. I sure miss checking in everyday and will be back soon.
Sidney

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

It's the First of September??? already???

We're at 79*
Hi 95*
Low 71*
Dp 40*, Hum 16% [ a nice band of fresh air came down from the north]

Here's a bee, busy.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Overcast here but so far Ernesto is a No Show, having gone East.

A Cool 65º, but warmer tomorrow.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

(((Sidney))) Hope you get your puter fixed FAST.

How is it with Pati, when is she getting that stone out. aouch.Praying that it all goes smooth and a quick healing.

Sunny scattered clouds
Temp 70F.

They say that this weekend will be rainy and for the rest of September the summer will return. If they are right that means more hurricanes for you. it seams that our Aug and Sep have switched places.
Janett

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Most of the storm is gone, clearing here now. Lots of water, did not lose much in the garden but did not really have much to lose ....... Next season will be better!

I think my sister in easteren Va., near the coast will be getting it worse than I. The sun is peeking through.

64.0°, 98%.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Still raining - 63.0° (F), still 98%. We could use an "off" valve any time?

My sis has my best wishes -

This message was edited Sep 1, 2006 2:25 PM

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

She has mine, as well, Dyson
68 & overcast, but nice (comfortable)

Joey

(Zone 3b)

Good "September" morning - today's deck-view, taken moments ago, shows temp. about 50 cloudy degrees..now that rains have let up, the flooding and mudslides have ended. Reading first-hand from those of you near Earnesto, certainly is so much better and personal than a tv report.Hope all's well...and, Get well soon wishes to "Pattieschell".
kiska
alaska

Thumbnail by kiska
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

kiska,, My sister is in Cordova can you tell her to call mom once in awhile? would mean a lott too her, her nane iis debie..

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Kiska, you have the same thermometer as we do, except ours reads about 85F right now.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Temps steady at about 61 degrees all day very light winds. We are beginning to get the outer bands from 'Ernesto'. Scheduled for 3-6 inches tonight. All Labor day river activities are canceled - motor boat races, canoe contests, etc as the river is supposed to rise from 3 ft. to 14 ft. LOL Plenty of bands, food and concession and craft booths though.

Patti, will say a prayer for you. Hope to hear better news tomorrow.
Here is a bouquet from my September garden before the rain knocks it down.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

From 3ft to 14ft! WOW!

Pati, I sure pray you are feeling better. Sidney, I hope your computer is feeling better soon, too!!

It's still summer here. Highs in the 90's, lots of humidity, and a 20% chance of rain every afternoon. Nothing new. :-)

I haven't been watching the Weather Channel. I hope everything is o.k.

I was all set to watch the Braves/Phillies game this evening, but it was rained out.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

You'll have to settle for the Astros/Mets. ;-)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

63.1°(F), 98%, still raining but slacking off.

(Zone 3b)

Dyson - If I ever get down to Cordova, would love to let debbi know to call mom....have you been there? no road leads to Cordova, just the Ferry and planes.
se_eds: your flowers are beautiful....
More sun than clouds now - 60 degrees...
kiska

(Zone 5a)

Nice view kiska! and se_eds beautiful flowers!
Get well wishes to Patti!

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Need sunshine and warmth here....colder weather comes all too soon.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Kiska, my BIL used to have a small float plane, and they had another place in another fishing village, but tides have turned since the exon valdees, I think they are still doing ok, though I have not heard from them lately. I will have to check on them.

completely stopped raining - first time in four days i think, 61.2°(F), 98%

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

When's it going to cool down? Um, like, right now. It's only about 50 degrees here now. Fall arrived pretty suddenly. Luckily, my new fall jacket from LL Bean arrived TODAY!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Dyson, can't believe you got more rain than i did!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm not sure Darius, intellicast says we only got an inch a day wed, thur & fri.. Hang on a minute ... I'll open the kitchen window and try to ask one of the ducks that are swimming by.

61.0°(F) 98%, but I think my hygrometer is waterlogged and therefore not accurate.

(Zone 5a)

Another beautiful day here in Iceland, partly cloudy, calm and 59F! Yesterday's high was 64F which is pretty unbelievable for September. Sure hope it'll keep for a while - it's nice to get an extension on this summer - it started so late :-) !

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Another beautiful day here, too. 61*F was our Low LOL

No clouds. temp has already risen to 74* -- we'll reach 94* today
Humidity up to 19% DP - 23*

I don't want summer to be over, I just want it to cool down a bit. It's been a long three months of heat. Much more so than normal.
Lovely out there this morning tho.. got a digging project started already.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning All.:-)) It's 64 and over cast, but that's OK by me. Ernesto, for us was a "no-show" and am thankful. However, There's Ernesto' "back side" .... I hope it stays there! LOL :-))

Joey

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

70.2°(F). 98% (?), sunny, cool & blu-ti-ful!

(Zone 3b)

and, to the above, another beautiful day to add to the list...it's 40 degrees w/a very light rain. The fresh smell of wet foliage and crisp air is unbeatable.
kiska

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Rain is tapering off. Temp 58 degrees, 2-3/4" of rain overnight. Flood watches are cancelled - guess we lucked out.

Our hot, hot August weather made a nice edge on Coleus "Dr. Wu".

Thumbnail by se_eds
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

87.6°(F), 83%, looks like the hyro-thingy-a-ma-do-hickey dried out some.

Hot as the blazes.

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on September 02, 2006
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
99 °F / 37 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 18%
Dew Point: 48 °F / 9 °C
Wind: 9 mph / 15 km/h from the SE
Pressure: 29.72 in / 1006 hPa
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 8 out of 16

Thumbnail by Kelli
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

whoa, Kelli, hotter than here. wow

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

68.0°(F), 83% nice wx.

(Zone 5a)

A beautiful day here once again - but we're back to more normal temps - and fall in the air! Partly cloudy, calm winds, 28% humidity and 54F, tonights low was 46F. Yesterday we got up to 62F and lots of sun - even managed to eat dinner outside at 8 o'clock at night (with a patio heater, but still ....) - I don't think we've ever done that before in September!.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Wel, it's a super nice 62 here & quite foggy. But usually when it is foggy ~ it will be hot by noon. 'Hope not!

Kelli I hope that it cools off for you soon... :-)) Maybe John will help. Will you get any of his rain?

rannveig ~ love the Cool. Fall can be a comforting season. (my oppinion) :-))

Joey

(Zone 5a)

Spoke too soon - up to 62F now and sunny and WONDERFUL!!!! We're thoroughly enjoying what will probably be our last day of summer this year - supposed to rain tomorrow and cool down.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

71.8°(F), 84%, sunny, nice.

I won't cool down and stay cooled down (low 80s and below) until October. We can have decent weather in Sept, but we can also have brutal weather. I've seen it above 110F in Sept. Sept. can be nearly as hot as August, but the sun is not as strong and goes down earlier. It's not likely we'll get any rain from John. It's always possible, but usually doesn't happen. The residue of Pacific hurricanes are usually of more benefit to the desert.

Anyway, another hot one on tap. Don't feel sorry for me, though. Come February, you will be sooo jealous. ;-)

Updated: 11:51 AM PDT on September 03, 2006
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
95 °F / 35 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 27%
Dew Point: 56 °F / 13 °C
Wind: 10 mph / 17 km/h from the SSE
Pressure: 29.78 in / 1008 hPa
Heat Index: 93 °F / 34 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 9 out of 16

Signs of fall - freesias are starting to come up, some grape hyacinths have been up for a while. They won't bloom for months, but they start coming up now.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Spoke to mom, sis's kids were swiming in the front yard, but no major damage from erniee.

81.9, 62%, havd to use the AC for the first time in 2 days.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

I'm glad that they are OK.:-)) And leave it to kids to make the most of it!.:)

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Kelli - what a neat picture! We had a cool day here - abt 62 degrees. The rain from yesterdsay iss still sinking in.

Sun peeked through from time to time. Fall is in the air!

Thumbnail by se_eds

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.