help with design of glassblock wall

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

some of you may remember my talking about the "wind tunnel" effect between our guesthouse and home. it is caused by the wind coming over the lake and then whipping through this opening. we had talked about a solid wall except for the part on the left where we would walk in, but have now decided to leave some spaces for air to get through. originally i had kicked around the idea of using different colors of block to create a "landscape" effect, but i think it will be too busy. dp wanted a more abstract design, a little color here and there, but i am leaning towards a more "rigid" look in keeping with the rest of the look.

i've decided to go with the clear block for most of it and a really cool (i think) rusty red block that we found recently.

i have drawn up a rough plan and would like some comments, yea or nay or in between. i will post 3 pictures that are essentially the same, to give you an idea of where this is going and then my drawing. you will notice on the bottom step across the walkway, a row of clear blocks laid there just to help me visualize my plan.

the main thing i am looking for is comments in relation to my drawing. i don't want it to look like a jail and i don't want too much red, just kind of a framing thing going on and a little interest. keep in mind that i used red magic marker, but the block will be see through, both clear and colored! thanks in advance.

Thumbnail by trackinsand
This thread has 44 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!