Love in the Mist?

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I believe this is Love in the Mist, It is very pretty. Was wondering how to collect seeds from it.
Connie

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker
Kitchener, ON(Zone 5b)

See the seedpod in the middle of your photo? When its dry you can pick it and its FULL of seeds.
If the seeds are not black they are not ripe, so make sure you really wait until the head is dry.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh I thought that was another getting ready to bloom lol.
will keep my eyes open wide :)
Thanks so much,

I bought the pack of seeds from dianeseeds and these were all that servived.
Very new to all this gardening, but I think I am catching on :o)

Connie

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

That's pretty Connie, I'll have to try and find some of that too. That blue is lovely! I seem to be hung up on blue and pink and yellow this year; but mostly blue has been catching my eye.

~Sunny

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

If I can collect the seeds hineni, I'll be happy to save you some :o)
Connie

Eureka, CA

yeah, they are great re-seeders! Collected or not! I collect them, but they also do fine on their own. I have a really nice variety of white as well, but they're mixed in with the blue. I was going to offer some seeds, but you'd get a mix. Let me know if you'd like some ~ I have tons coming on. I'll try to get a picture this weekend.

Sanna

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Sanna, I would love some, for some reason all of mine didn't come in.

Thanks LMK, Connie

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks Connie,

Just let me know in D-mail. No rush :) I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do over the WINTER...wahhh. Just getting into this and now a no-plant time zone! LOL.

~Sunny

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I know how you feel Sunny, I can't wait to start winter sowing, got all my pots cleaned and ready, and now I have to wait grrrr, I am not a very patient person rofl. Altho I detest winter I think I am going to be enjoying it now :o) I love snow (for christmas lol). but then I am ready for warmer weather so I can open the doors and windows. This will be my first year to winter sow and I am anxious to get started... I have all kinds of seeds I have been collecting, from my plants and thru trades and still have some I bought. So its like I am sitting here on a pot of gold and can't do anything with it yet lol

I need to find a job so I can really do my yard the way I want to. Now that we are on a fixed income, money is getting tight :( But thats okay, where there is a will there's a way, right :o)
Connie

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

You're doing wintersowing this year too? So am I :) I've already started whacking my containers in half and cleaning and storing them. I lack patience too (so I hope I don't worry my seedlings to death...lol)
I just did my first container gardens yesterday...and working on the clematis area today.

If you have a Lowe's nearby, they do 1.00 plants on Sundays. That's helped me a lot to have some immediate gratification while growing seeds. Sometimes the plants are as cheap as 50 cents. Yes, they require some babying because they are usually root bound, or half-dead, but all of mine have lived and most have thrived. And Big Lots has all their gardening stuff on 50-75% off right now. So yeah, where there is a will, there is a way :)

We'll have to compare notes!

Happy Labor Day!

~Sunny

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

We have a lowe's and a big lots :o) will have to go check them out.

wintersown.org is giving away free seed too.
go here, this is what I got from them :o)
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/647362/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.