Keeping busy

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm keeping busy, cuz no one is on today. I'm going to post some pics I took yesterday. The garden is slowly going its way to the leggy ratty looking stage, and I've already pulled many of the various wilting yellowing, patunia, nasty's, and meldewed lupines. But it (garden) still looks pretty good.

So here goes, welcome to the tour.

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

potted plant rock wall

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

More of the wall garden

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

The sun garden

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

The hanging swing garden

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Pond garden

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Trellis garden

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Patio front entrance

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8b)

Gorgeous garden, Vizz! Thanks for posting the pictures! Your garden looks great. This is the time of year when I sometimes want to rent a rototiller, till all my beds under and replant grass. Fortunately, winter sort of takes care of that & then around comes spring and everything looks so fresh and full of promise. Isn't the garden year wonderful?

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

west patio

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks H. yes somthing new for every season, and always the promise of something new and exciting around the corner.

Shade garden

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

more shade garden,the shade garden are new this year, so they are not filled in yet, awww next year..

This message was edited Aug 23, 2006 10:11 AM

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Shade arbor and birdbath garden

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Driveway garden, the wall will have a rock face on it... maybe next summer.. depends on the Old Hippy.

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

East patio, where I spend most of my haha spare time.

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

front garden, mostly woodland,

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Last my squirrly garden.. I had a nice tropical ginger planted in this pot.. but Nutty decided a morning glory would be better... and his plant looks alot better than any of my morning glory pots did this season.. I'm keeping it... LOL

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Beautiful gardens Vizz. I especially like the fence in the driveway garden. Everything looks so nice with the separate 'rooms'.

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Ya'll notice no backyard gardens... thats because the devil dogs have it. And no I'm not taking any pics of it. But this is a nice little hardy fushia, Santa Clause that has bloomed it little heart out for me.

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Balvenie, DH did the fence last summer, he also paved the driveway. I love it.. sometimes we have pots in the windows.

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Now show me some of your favorite gardens. !!!

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

After years of stray and neighbor dogs leaving "calling cards" on the front lawn we finally changed to plants. Now the ever-changing vista is much more satisfying.

Thumbnail by balvenie
Shelton, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm going to run right out and shoot myself in the foot so I have an excuse for the condition of my yard! Okay, a hurt foot and the lack of a small fortune.

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Wow-eee Balvenie.. you got alot packed into that yard.. It looks so lush and green... show us more..

Viv

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

MzW, you just moved right, it takes awhile to get things together. I'll bet your garden will be packed by next season. That GH is going to earn it way fer sure.
Heck I stll have boxes that I have'nt unpacked, I've been here for almost 3 yrs now. Ofcourse if there had been bulbs in the boxes that would be something important.

Balvenie: what is in the blue pots?

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Well Vizz, the blue pots are annuals and seem to change each year. I like the pots as much as the contents. This is a bit more recent, from the East side.

Thumbnail by balvenie
Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

And the same from the West side.

Thumbnail by balvenie
Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

And today, with the weeping Crabapple gone and Zinnias in its place.
Added: The last pic with the froggie is neat. Looks like another of your beautiful rooms to spend a relaxing moment.

This message was edited Aug 23, 2006 6:46 PM

Thumbnail by balvenie
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Veggie garden...got carried away on the lettuce this year!! LOL!

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

strawberry box next to the shed
lots of lettuce... peppers... flowers :-)

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

foxglove. These are some that I got from pixy. Aren't they lovely!?

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Shelton, WA(Zone 8a)

Vizz8,

It's the missing small fortune that's the problem! lol. I've been unemployed since the end of February so time isn't the issue.

The other major road block is the difference of opinion between the DH & myself over where the forest ends and the yard starts. I'm not interested in acres of manicured lawn or anything, but my over-all plan includes a chicken coop (with chickens!), a couple milk goats, a good sized veggie garden and a small orchard. DH wants a shop and lots of trees. Somewhere in there we're going to have to reach a compromise. :-)

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Balvenie just beautiful,, from every angle.

Tiffanya: great gardens, what a nice shed, tell me about it. Did you build it, or remodel an existing shed? I love foxglove one of my favorite flowers. I have only one, and I didnt do well. I'll get more for the driveway.

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

MzW: I know what you mean. I keep making more gardens, the lawn is almost gone (good riddence) it looks awlful. And its harder than pulling hens teeth to get the GK's to mow it.
You will have it all, in time. I would so love to have chickens, no goats, a few pigs, and a milk cow, But I've been there and done that, and I'm too old for it now, (maybe not too old) but just dont want to do it anymore, and the young'ens around my house are worthless in the farm endevor. But what a life. I miss it.
If I have anything in my garden that I can share with you let me know. That goes for anyone who reads this thread. I love to share my garden.

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Shelton, WA(Zone 8a)

Vizz8:

Thanks for the offer -- I wish I had room for even a fraction of the lovely things you've collected. Just out of curiosity, what is that last plant you've posted? Very pretty!

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

The pink is Cotton candy fushis, the last is tuberous bagoina,

Your welcome

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Shelton, WA(Zone 8a)

Beautiful begonia. I've always been so limited in space that I've passed up many interesting plants. I'm going to have to branch out a bit. lol.

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Vizz...the shed was contracted - gardensolution.com of Woodinville built it for us. I've been totally loving it...got it put in May of this year. I am very much looking forward to starting things early next year. Your begonias look great! I have a couple in pots, but no flowers yet.

This message was edited Aug 23, 2006 7:50 PM

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Tiffanya: I will have to check into the garden shed, I really like the way it looks. I just started getting the blooms on the begonias, had to replant three times this year, HD planted too deep, then in the wrong soil.. third time is the charm.

MzW: Branch out.. go for it.. you have a good start with that bugivavillia (sp), it is soooo pretty, I've always wanted one, but it will have to wait for GH storeage, someday maybe?

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi Gang,

Someone with a huge greenhouse could probably make some winter money by offering a winter storage service. I know I'd pay a monthly charge to have my brugmansias & other tender babies picked up, kept alive, hardened off in the spring and then either delivered or I'd pick them up. However, probably the folks with commercial greenhouses can make more by starting & selling their own stuff in the space they have. Oh well, just a thought.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.