Harper's 10th Annual "everything on sale" Open House

Crozet, VA

What I found is that they are having an Open House on Fri - Sat - Sun - this weekend, August 25th thru 27th. It also stated that they are having an auction on Saturday. That sounds kind of fun to me. You may either check out www.harperslawnornaments.com or call 540-434-8978.

Their prices are very reasonable if you have ever shopped for this type stuff.

I hope that everyone is having a good day. I am off to laundromat to wash all the household blankets. So much fun. NOT!

Ruby

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I love Harpers. Just wanted to mention, if anyone likes windchimes, those Gentle Spirit windchimes they sell are absolutely positively the best windchimes made. I wish I could describe the sound. They're expensive, so if they're on sale that's fantastic.

Also, in addition to garden statues and other concrete things they sell chimineas and Mexican pottery and have a great selection of water garden items.

Crozet, VA

I fell in love with the place too Hart. How far a drive is it for you to get there? Maybe the two of us could meet up one day in the future. Maybe next Spring we can get a group of us together at either Harpers or The Viettes Open House Lily Show. I haven't attended that but have heard a lot of good things about it.

I bought a hummingbird feeder at Harpers on Monday. It has a blue glass ball for the syrup. My hubby told me when he saw it that hummingbirds were only attracted to red. Is that true? I do know that the tip where they will suckle is red, but not the primary color of the feeder.

I probably won't set it up this year, but will next year and will definitely be back with questions, because I have never tried feeding them before. We have been enjoying the wild birds that come for seed in our three feeders. Don't guess it will be very long before I look out and see the red male cardinal sitting on rail, and know that a snow is coming along. This season is ending before I was ready for it to end. I might have to move to a warmer climate so that I can garden during more of the year. Nah.....that won't happen, I am very pleased with where I live now and have no plans of going elsewhere.

Thanks for responding to post Hart. Appreciate it.

Ruby

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Ruby, I checked out Harpers web site, finally learned how to make my hyperlink work, hold down the Ctrl button while clicking on the link- (my security program won't let much pass through)

Anyhoo.... I took a peek and really think the Hiking Elf is a hoot......nice site bet they have more then what they are showing. Take you camera along and take some pictures.

Chris

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I'm about an hour from Harrisonburg, maybe a little more. I'd love to meet up some day. I hope we can arrange another plant trade sometime too, although Jenna is out of touch.

Ruby, are you in luck. If you're going to Harpers this weekend, you HAVE to go by the Green Valley Book Fair, which is open now too until Sept. 4.

They have a huge selection of garden books (and just about every other kind of book you can think of) and the prices are wonderful. Such as $30 books for $5 or $6.

http://www.gvbookfair.com/

Crozet, VA

Thank SOOO much Hart. I have only been to the book fair one time. I did buy some things during that visit. Don't laugh but, I began Christmas shopping last Monday while with my niece. I saw such good deals in a Ross Store and went ahead and bought my older son and his fiance some things that I will give them at Christmas. That was my first time at a Ross.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.......gardening books sound like fun. I don't have any to really speak of. I do have some un-read gardening magazines that I began subscribing to last spring. I have been so buy gardening that I haven't had time to look through the magazines.

I will only go to Harpers if someone on here says that they would like to go. I am planning on shopping online with them. I already know what I want for Christmas from there. I saw some gorgeous cement benches. I want to have one to put in my side yard.

I hope that you are doing okay Hart, with the recent death of your father. That is hard. Take good care.

Ruby

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I'm not laughing. I used to try to have all of my Christmas shopping done by the end of summer, just buying good bargains as I saw them. I usually try to get to the bookfair at least once for Christmas shopping too. Good place to find gifts for some of those people who are hard to buy for.

I love Ross and TJ Maxx too. So glad there's finally a Ross in Winchester. I found a knit top there last year that was $9.99. Found the exact same top at Kohls a couple of weeks later for $30-something. heh

I'd love to go to Harpers for the sale but I just don't have time this weekend.

Doing okay, Ruby and thanks for asking. Went to see Mom again yesterday and she's hanging in there. Her older sister, my aunt, is in the hospital and wasn't doing well at all earlier this week but is better now. I took her (my aunt)some of the few flowers in my garden that remain after this awful drought and heat.

How are you doing?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Anyone wanting to get together for a day trip (if on a weekend) please let me know. I would love to spend the day with adults outside of work...LOL!!! PLEASE take me!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.