Member of the Board

Clyde/Fines Creek, NC(Zone 5b)

This is for entertainment purposes mostly.

Around the first week of December 2005 a main water line for the irrigation system sprung a leak in a previous repair site and there was a lovely artesian spring in the middle of someone’s driveway coming up through the concrete. I reported it to the property manager many times for repair. Over the course of several months the wet spot became a small creek and the owner tired of the pee stain on his drive requested I shut the system down.

The winter rains had ended and without water the island beds in the association began to die. Water on and water off to try and save the landscape, but the leak had become so bad the beds of pink and lavender Pentas all died.

I emptied the beds of the dried brown carcasses and when the leak was finally repaired in May of 2006 I was told to hold off on replanting the island beds. After a summer of meetings to discuss what to plant and it seems a replenishment of funds to the account depleted by warring factions, I got the go ahead and instructions to plant the second week of August 2006.

They liked the entry of another association and wanted something similar to that.

Thumbnail by ilima
This thread has 55 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!