Fig tree leaves

Spring, TX

My fig trees leaves are turning brown and rustic looking and then falling off and dying. Is this normal or do I need to spray with a fungicide, mitricide, insecticide product.?? I have the three in one product. Is anyone else having the same problem here in texas.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

My trees are beginning to drop leaves. It is a little earlier than in previous years, but this has been a tough season for plants. On the varieties I have, the leaves first turn yellow, then drop off and turn brown and dry. Unless you see evidence of insect or other damage you can probably conclude the action is natural. I have given my trees a slow, deep soaking to help them hold the remaining leaves a little longer.
My trees have been producing abundantly for seven years now, and have done so without any pesticides or fertilizer.

I found this tamu article on fig culture -
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/extension/homefruit/fig/fig.html

This message was edited Aug 20, 2006 10:57 AM

Fulton, MO

My BT did the same thing. I had attributed it to up-potting shock. It is breaking bud again and has not dropped the fruit.

SB

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

I've noticed yellowing leaves on a couple of branches of mine. My fig is about 30 years old so I'm assuming it must be the dry weather this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.