Big Spider

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh my yes by all means I do hope allllll those tiny spiders make it out and grow that big in YOUR garden LOL

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

There is now a small furry 'jumping' type spider that's making the intact egg sack it's home. I don't think that is good.
At least it keeps the wasps away but will it eat the baby spiders as they emerge?
It sits on or near it all the time.
I'll post a pic later.
Magoobu, I don't want hundreds of them. One or two is OK.
There are so many interesting insects in that flower bed that I rarely weed for fear of disturbing the 'wildlife', lol.
Andy P

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, I'm so glad I came back to check this thread. Spider cannibalism. My favorite topic.

As creepy as they are, you do have to admit they are amazing.

Thumbnail by heathrjoy
Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

Yes amazing they are and I too leave the big webs up (the ones that I will not walk into) And no I would not want thousands of them but agree with Andy I too do not weed for fear of disturbing the wildlife... or is it also so they do not end up disturbing me by scaring me to death??? LOL
Either way they get to do and be whatever and where ever they want --- again as long as I can get a clear shot into the house LMAO.....

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

This is the first Summer that I find myself observing the exact same bug through the entire season. This one spider and six praying mantis.
Both need cover so weeding and clearing the debris reduces their comfort. (That's the best excuse for not weeding I can come up with, LOL.)
Andy P

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Andy,
We saw one of your spider's cousins at Paige's (Konkreteblonde" house capturing one of her Monarchs. Sheila and I went there last Thursday.. I just thought you'd like to see it. (Paige has a tremendous Bfly garden).
I think Paige has since found her spider a new home, (if ya know what I mean)
Debnes

Thumbnail by debnes_dfw_tx
Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

OHMY GOSH what a capture that is poor Butterfly!!!!!!!!!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Well magoobu, that one kept fairly busy according to paige. I can relate to that delima bigtime,, glad we are all here to learn from each other, right?

I love both spiders and bflies, knowhatimean?
Arigopes are a greater benifit if they have enough to keep them busy...it's probably best. I wouldn't want one creature taking over completely.
debnes

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Why don't I see the last 2 pics posted?
Andy P

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't know andy, there has been something up with that lately. When I preview a post now and the pic doesn't show up, I reboot if I need to until the post shows right b4 i post it. Other than that I figure the forum isn way busy.. and I save the project until later, and then finish it when I come back to my pc.

If pics still don't post ask tech support I guess.

Debnes

PS>
Make sure pics are 800x600 or less, that works better too

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

My pic isn't going to show up, ever. LOL. I posted a pic of a blinkie that said "I hate bugs". I didn't know blinkies didn't work here. Live and learn.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Debnes, I have had no problem posting pics in 2 days. This was a problem viewing other pics.
Heather just cleared up one question.
What's a 'blinkie'?
Andy P

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

must be an animated pic, me thinks a blinkie is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinky

This message was edited Sep 22, 2006 8:21 PM

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

blinkie hmmmmm?????

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

That may indeed be a Blinky, but I was refering to a blinky. This page has a *few* to show you what I mean, lol.
http://oserrato.com/blinkies1.html

It's basically any animation pic that has blinking lights. Usually a blinky is a simple sig tag with blinking lights around it. **"Blinking" has not been used here in place of an expletive.**

I wish we could use them here, but I'm sure they would get over used and it would look trashy very quickly. Kinda like dollar store yard art gone bad.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

lol heather :-)

cute blinkies

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

debnes, this is a family site and besides that I'm married!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Ha! Now I know.

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

heath great comeback LMAO

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I suppose a blinky is not what I thought it was. excuuuuuuuuuse me!!

:-O!!

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

Well, I know what I meant by blinky, but I don't know what you meant.

Ok, I do know what you meant. And you were right in what you meant...if you looked at that site. It's just been too much fun giving you a hard time. Sorry, I couldn't resist. =^)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I love it heather!! I was rofling with the rest of you..

Debnes

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.