Show us your garden flags

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I know you have them! They add that spot of color where color is lacking. They wave at you in the garden. They make a statement! They change with the seasons, and/or holiday.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Crozet, VA

Oh Chris - You are so good about starting topics that are very interesting. Only problem with me showing you mine, is that for some reason I have put off even trying to take pictures, or to learn how to post them here. I think that it has a bit to do with this fairly new computer that has been a real lemon. It is either a real lemon, or too many people are using it. My sixteen year old son gets on here and does things that make the computer act funny. I haven't had a cd-rom drive for months. I might consider putting this one in his bedroom and getting another one for living room and dare him to use the new one. ha-ha.

Anyway, not only did I decide not to get involved in picture taking this year, I didn't get any flags hung either. Well, come to think of it, I do have two american flags stapled to my deck rails. Last summer each end of my deck had large flags, one american and the other a bouquet of flowers and said WELCOME. During one of the awful wind storms that we experienced during the spring, both of the flag pole holders broke in half and they haven't been replaced yet.

If you wouldn't mind going out to my "upside/down" (messy) greenhouse building, you would find a half dozen of them still in their wrappers from store. I also purchased one that looks similar to what you have posted here. It is a small, purple, welcome flag with butterflies on it. It is on the metal holder that is to be positioned in the ground. Only problem with this one too, is that it only made it out of wrapping, but not to the yard. I am bad!!!!! This one can be visited on the screen porch.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone's flags. Come on folks. Show your colors.

Ruby

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Occasionally I fly this flag, The Taunton Flag. It was first flown in 1774 in Taunton, Massachusetts, probably as a protest. It is the Queen Anne flag with the words Liberty and Union added. In colonial times, most towns had a 'liberty pole', where this flag, or one with just red and white stripes was flown. This was the 'American' flag until the Betsy Ross flag, adopted on what would become Flag Day, 1776. Sometimes I wonder if the neighbors think it's English. The red diagonal cross in the Union Jack that represents Ireland's Saint Patrick was not used back then.

Thumbnail by claypa

Claypa, A very nice history lesson, thank you. I learned something new.

Chris

Aurora, CO

Hi all!

I'm new but LOVE flags! Here's the one I have in my garden right now...

Billie
www.BlowinInTheWind.com

Thumbnail by bbemis

BB, I really like your flag. And thanks for the link I enjoyed seeing all the different flags.

Crozet, VA

I guess that I am going to have to figure out how to install flag holders!!! Been waiting on hubby for too long now. I think that I will wait for summer to arrive again. Last years flag holders were broken by some fierce spring winds.

I love your flag too bbemis.

Ruby

I changed my garden flag for the fall.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Love the flag, Chris--Thank you for a good chuckle!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.