Old farm house with orange

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I am helping a friend revitalize her yard. It is a 100 yr old farm house in the city now. It is big and tall and painted shades of brown with orange trim. The front porch sits about 4-5 ft above ground level with a broad set of steps 2/3 way over to one side. We are going to plant a large exbury orange azalea on the side of the steps with the most room. I was looking at Spiracea Golden Sunrise which is just bloomin' gorgeous golden yellow in the fall or even heavenly bamboo has great color as does Cassia/Senna. I was thinking of something like those deciduous bushes in the back against the porch apron with low evergreen shrub of sorts in the front of them. This same idea would be repeated on the other side of the steps that is smaller but no big orange azalea. I am open to an idea or two. We are going to put a path in front of this garden area I am talking about and then a swatch of ground cover replacing lawn and then maybe shrub roses along the city sidewalk lines. Yellow/orange side of color chart w/ green of course.

This thread has 32 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!