A face only a mother could love...

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Well I have never seen a picture of SP...he is absolutely adoreable /// VERY HANDSOME!

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

I'm gonna hurl . . .

Eau Claire, WI

I've got it! A calendar (broken into six seasons) showing John and his Viburnums in various provocative poses. Sort of a take on the English movie Calendar Girls. I'm not sure I'd buy one, but there seems to be plenty of interest out east. This could be a real money maker, especially if shows off his V. harryanum. ;)

Oregon City, OR(Zone 8b)

I love adopting stray seedlings.
Does that Viburnum need a home?
;^ )

Yes he most certainly is handsome but those photos don't do him justice given he's considerably better looking in person. He's tall dark and handsome which is the flip side of his travelling buddy who is tall blond and handsome. The two of them together make a nice set of living book ends.

One slight leetle problemo... you know that saying that all the really good ones are usually taken? It applies to them both.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

awwww...taken? Geeeeeez now I am really disappointed. I was just kind of hoping you know. I think Guy is very handsome also. All these handsome men...so many men so little time. I have a very handsome 75 year old husabnd also.

Guy's handsome attributes were discussed in another thread. He's another one who is considerably better looking in person. He's also taken. Photos simply don't do justice to our dashing and dapper men of Trees and Shrubs. We need a red head to round out our compliment.... hmmmmmm, I wonder where our red head is?

Say undercover, I said the really good ones are usually taken... but not always! We have a few really choice stray seedlings out there right now. I can't imagine how they escaped the clutches of a woman but odder things have been known to happen.

Denver, CO

This is rich.

Speaking of choice seedlings that aren't spoken for yet... I think one just weighed in above.

Denver, CO

I'm already married. To my garden. Sorry, ladies.

That's ok, I think we're all married to our gardens.

Denver, CO

Does that make the rest of you polygamous? Augh!

Umm, not exactly. I can imagine having more than one garden but I can't fathom having more than one husband.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Dear Lord give me the gardens...can you imagine having several asking "when's dinner going to be ready"????

No, I can't imagine. How about this one, "Is there any clean underwear around here" followed closely but, "what about clean socks"? Hellloooo, they're in the laundry baskets but they don't jump into drawers on their own.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

I jump into my own drawers...now, darning socks is another thing altogether.

Fireweed?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I wouldn't mind a picture of that.

Collingswood, NJ(Zone 6b)

You'll have to check with Equil on the darning. If you've been following the threads you know she now has a "higher purpose" for her family's old socks.

Ladies, can you imagine two husbands and only one remote control? What's that old chestnut? Men don't care what's on TV, they they only care what ELSE is on TV.

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

This is sounding like the beginnings of another gender uprising! You girls never seem to learn who the supreme masters are . . .
Arrgggghhhhh!

Guy S.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Yes..the remote is a HUGE issue....why do they care so much?

Coldwater, MI(Zone 5b)

Its the shape....

I don't darn socks.

Our remote had been used as a dietery supplement. The Ys are in remote control withdrawal around here. Oh horrors, they have to get up and walk over to the tv and use the buttons.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

No one darns socks...and if I hid the remote I would be found at the bottom of the lake.

In cement boots. I didn't hide the remote. Somebody forgot to put the puppy in the crate for the night a week ago or so. The puppy ate the remote. That is the third remote the puppy chewed.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL..that is one smart puppy.

Nope, not smart. Well loved is about all I can say or he would have ended up at the bottom of the lake in cement boots for teething on that remote. Three strikes and you're supposed to be out but not Twinkletoes!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Well it isn't HIS fault. Who left the remote within his reach? Probably your husband.

The remote is SUPPOSED to go in a little circular that sits on the mantle to the fireplace about 5' off the ground. If it had been put back where it belonged, this wouldn't have happened. The last remote was left on a waist wall between the family room and the kitchen and Twinkletoes snatched it right off of that without batting an eyelash. The one before that was either left on the floor or on the coffee table. Not my problem, I don't watch tv and the puppy is a Great Dane that weighs about 140lbs right now and he's still a growing boy which means he'll be able to snatch from even more areas by the time he's full grown. My suggestion was that they start picking up after themselves or be prepared to add to the growing list of casualties. And, that list grows weekly if not daily around here. Here's a well kept secret for my Ys... puppies chew.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I can relate to the 140 pound "puppy" I had a 235 pound Mastiff..and Lyla is slender at 165. Now what about the ugly viburnum?? I am going to start calling SP HSP for Handsome Smarty Pants.

I saw photos of your Mastiff. I loved your dog. Wasn't his name Levi? Our puppy was added after two of our big slugs passed earlier this year. We're on a list at the shelter to get another Mastiff but so far no go and we're perfectly happy with the puppy for right now but he will need company.

Yes where is SP HSP to comment about the Vibrunum?

Denver, CO

Yea, what cultivar is it?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Probably having his picture taken for Gentleman's Quarterly

Denver, CO

Or Maxim

Presque Isle, WI(Zone 3b)

He better not of opened that wine and forgot my invitation again :>)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

What wine? How about Jim Beam.

Coldwater, MI(Zone 5b)

Its getting pretty wet in here....

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Maybe Quercus sprang a leak?

Denver, CO

Maybe we're all cork-screwy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.