Misting apparatus for propagating cuttings

Plano, TX(Zone 7a)

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody had a link to a website that provides any information on building a small misting apparatus for rooting cuttings. I am looking for a small and cheap setup or a D.I.Y type of thing.

thanks,
xman

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Don't know about a web site but saw a cheap one made on TV. The misting apparatus itself is fairly easy. You can get a misting system at most of the home building stores - Toro, Raindrip, Mr. Mister, etc. and attach the tubing to PVC pipe, metal pipe, etc. with tie wraps for overhead misting.

It's getting a timer that has a mist cycle - comes on for a few seconds every so many minutes that you have to search around for. I'm sure they're out there but I haven't done a search.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

If you can find a grocery store that is going out of business, buy their vegetable misting setup.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Here are some misting timers from Charley's.

http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com/index.cfm?page=_productdetails&productid=3345&cid1=-99&cid2=-99&cid3=-99

Plano, TX

If you go to lowes they have a five spray nozzle system with 20' of hose that is portable.
The nozzle hose has alligator clips to secure it and it hooks straight to a garden hose.
It is $10.00 for everything

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

I don't have a garden hose in my house, o well...

Cincinnati, OH

Your Megalomart should have Obit Dripmaster. A whole assortment of fittings very cheap. Shut-offs, 90 degree misters, 360, Tees, etc. Also connector tube, and soaker tube.
Larry

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

A spray bottle and Zip lock Baggies are cheap its what i use Regards Paul

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

f6r22, just how big, or small, an area are you wanting to mist? And will that area be inside (you mentioned no "garden hose" in the house so I'm thinking you might be working in a spare room?).

And, are you going to build a rooting box or just have your cuttings in pots? And do you want it on a timer or will you just want to turn it on manually, as needed?

Shoe.

Union City, CA(Zone 9b)

Cheapee --
a one gallon fish tank -wallmart or K-mart =$10 . A brick = .39
set brick in fish tank , put in water to top of brick , put bubber that came with tank in , set cuttings in a glass of water , cover top of tank or put in large clear plastic - [ like from your dry cleaners ]
you can add H202 to water --1/2 cup of 3 % H202 [ hydrogen peroxide ] in a gallon of water [ 1/2 bottle of H202 from drug store or dollar store . ]

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.