What's the view from your favorite perch? Show and tell...

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Maybe the first thing in the morning with a cup of coffee, or at the end of the day while you survey your kingdom:

Show or tell the view from your favorite spot.

This is from my porch swing. just a'swingin...

Thumbnail by podster
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I mainly sit there later in the day as it is not shaded and hot otherwise

view left to right

garden and privacy hedge

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

shooting into the sun sorry,

dahlia bed and path

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

path, dahlia bed and fenceline bed

my view is to the east and is really nice as the sun is seting

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Ooooooh - marvelous pictures!!!!! Podster, love your porch and the blue just captured me completely!!

Al, your gardens are glorious . . . and I am really taken with your path. Not a bad view from anywhere, right?

I, too, have some views I enjoy . . . just realized I can't share any from this computer (my stepson is asleep in the guest room where my computer is - this one is dh's). I'll send later!!

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 8b)

Great pictures Pod and Bigcity!

My fave is my front porch too.

Thumbnail by fly_girl

Fly, that is lovely - what a peaceful place to relax and dream (if one has time, that is!)

I still can't get to my pictures.

This was taken at sundown in my backyard - I actually was standing, not sitting, but was so thrilled with it that I am using it was my wallpaper on my computer.

Thumbnail by Murmur
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Sigh .. this thread has made me cry. The minute I read it, my garden in England came to mind. Every morning I would get up and go sit in the loggia (what we call the back porch), put my feet up, sip my tea and watch the fox family cavort around the garden. About a half hour later, my kitty Poppy, who was just a baby would come running down the steps, out the French doors and head directly for the deodar tree. He'd only get up it a few feet before he'd come crashing down and then he'd go after the foxes, who after awhile realized he was no threat and the fox kits and Poppy would play until the neighbors dog was let out.

I miss my home and garden in England terribly. I might also add that this picture was taken with a digital camera back in 1998. Digital cameras were just starting to come out. I was very lucky to have access to one.

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum

X - so sorry you are lonely for your lovely home . . . can you duplicate some of it where you are now to lessen the sadness?

So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

X, what a lovely scene. I hope you can create a new spot you love as much. This is off my deck, very nice view in the morning and late evening. This area was my first priority when I moved in. WIP of course. ;·)

Thumbnail by KatyMac

These are such beautiful scenes, I want to tell you all move over and let me sit down!

BCAl, yours is delightful from all angles. Is there room for one more?

Fly, your porch is absolutely elegant. I love the yellow accents of furniture reflected in the sans.
A cup of hot herbal tea for me please.

X, you bring tears to my eyes. I take it the photo is of your garden in England. It is most lovely~

KatyMac, I love the blend of colors. What a delightful view any time of day!

My porch is just country and love to sit on it when it is raining ( whenever that might be ). My morning coffee starts here on the bricks. The back patio in the company of my cat collection...

Thumbnail by podster

Serenity seems to be the choice of views. I like gardeners!

Yup and gardens! Serenity is why I love to sit outside. We are not bombarded with noise here.

Murmur, your wallpaper is beautiful, so uncluttered. You know, that might be a good idea. DG should put together a series of photos for a DG screensaver that we could download. I would sit in front of it all the time to just look at the pictures... : ))))

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 8b)

M, very pretty picture, love the shastas?

Pod, your patio looks so comfortable and practical.....how many others can say they have a bidet on their patio? LOL

Katy, that's a beautiful Jap. Maple!

I've enjoyed each and every one of these posts!! Podster, I remember your bidet and the chuckles we had on another thread - I still love it!

Fly, yes those are shastas - taller than I!

Katy, that's a charming garden - love the Japanese Maple - and suspect that beauty just continues around the bend.

DFW area, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi, all -

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor.
Stupefying ! Absolutely inspirational.
I can't even begin to imagine the hours and days and
years of hard work that it took all of you to create this
beauty.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Good forum! you all have the same need to have a view of your own creativity and that of nature. Isn't that why we all garden. I have to leave my garden cause when I sit and look I just start to get more projects going. this is where I hide from my garden. It is at the lower part of my garden looking through the fence. There are usually elk here but today they are all sleeping in the shade.

Thumbnail by Soferdig

Oh come on Steve, aren't you tempted to suggest a change to the curve of a field or perhaps crop rotation for more color interest? LOL

Soferdig I gotta say I can appreciate your view too. Have to admire the beauty of it!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Thank you podster. You got me right KatyMac but I have learned to get away from the projects every day and just meditate on how fortunate I am. I could be a wall street financial analyst. LOL this is behind my setting against a tree and resting.

Thumbnail by Soferdig

Aahhhh. Yes, you are blessed indeed.... as are all who have shared here.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Podster I just noticed the nice blue potty in your area. nice and creative. Do you water it through the tank above? Flush and we are happy.
KatyMac is that a full moon maple?
Murmur Greenbank is across the Hood Canal Bridge isn't it. I can't remember. I always loved the Tonaods (sp) penninsula.

Soferdig, I don't know exactly what the Jap. maple is. It was here when I bought my house last year. I fell in love with it and all the garden potential. ;·) The house is okay too.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Bigcitygal...please...what is the large, silvery plant with curly leaves in the center of your pic?
Thanks....

Great thread....

My favorite "perch" as of about the last 3 months has been my computer at a little desk in my kitchen. It faces 2 views...out toward a baby Japanese Maple I just planted and my "kitchen garden," called that because it is just seen from 2 kitchen area windows. (DH and I sit on the front terrace occasionally and the view is not "finished" from there, because of problems with a contractor. So....here's the view of the JM.)

Thumbnail by Connie_G
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

And here's the view if I look to the right --out the double doors.

Thumbnail by Connie_G

Connie Your view is absolutely delightful! You and KatyMac have convinced me that I need at least one JP. But where will I put it?

Soferdig, I understand what you mean. I have trouble sitting long as I see all kinds of things to get up and do... A change of scenery could be better and yes, make us appreciate what we don't have to do for a living!

You know, that stupid blue bidet still has me stumped. Inspiration has not hit yet. Every time I come up with an idea for it, something "flushes" it! : ))))

When I sit in my swing on the bricks, this view is to the right... A low rock wall, holding back a flower bed including a bird bath and surrounded by 'woods'.

Thumbnail by podster

Connie, lovely views! If you took those pics through your windows I need to get the Windex out! LOL Podster, the wagon is the perfect touch.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Lovely pics, everyone.
I'm sad to say I have no porch on this house, I really miss it. I had 2 on my old house.
I do have a big back yard, though. The flower bed is on the right out of the shot. In the center is the berry patch and perennial nursery.
The table and chair move easily to follow the shade.
My sidekick, Sarah.
The pic was taken from the back door.

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Another angle of the back yard. Taken from outside the dog fence.
You can get a glimpse of the flower bed. I planted 95% of the green you see here including the trees, excluding the lawn.
I live in the city, the first things I planted were the pine trees for privacy. This was a new, four home sub-division with a blank slate. I have the lowest lot, "fish bowl".
It took 10 years to get some privacy, I've been here 20 years, now.
Andy P

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

OK sarah who is the stoned person on the bench at the back of the first picture. There feet aren't even touching the ground. You have the same blessing, every picture you take you have Sarah in the photo cause she can't live without you.
Podster I would love to look into the dark woodland you have to see little bugs, bees, and birds resting and working in the shade. Nice. Hey I would plant in the main bowl a planting of ornamental maze. You know the big brown featherey ones and then have a long stemmed ball of white allium hanging off the side. LOL
Connie W I would love to have that wall in my garden. Your plants compliment and soften the beautiful hard lines.

AndyP don't feel bad with no porch. With a yard like that, who needs one!

Soferdig, I love allium but have tried unsuccessfully to grow them. The short one, Karateviense (sp). I suspect you saw the tidy bowl forum? http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/630274/

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

No I missed that one podster. Wow our allium grow in hot dusty dry conditions. Much like Texas Huh?

Hot, dusty and dry right now, but it too shall pass. I think I got some bad bulbs this time. Will try, try again. : ))

KatyMac ~ the wagon is more than decorator. It just got in the way. This thread tells you why I love my little red wagon.... http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/630518/

Gee Podster, maybe I need a little red wagon too. I've been using my wheelbarrow but the wagon is much more "romantical". I think I'll ask for one for Christmas! LOL My poor kids say they never know what to get me.

Highly recommended. When little kiddos come to visit it entertains them too... : ))

Since my youngest grandchild just graduated high school (with honors - brag) I guess I'll have to wait for great grandkids. OMG, suddenly I feel so old!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sopher, Sarah is camera shy. I should have named her Velcro, lol.
Podster, I miss being able to sit out in the rain. Sarah would like that, too.
I'm not much for garden statuary but when I saw this little guy I knew exactly where he could go. He had a missing big toe, which I corrected. This year he needs a fresh coat of paint. That's a big project but he will beautiful when I'm done. I've painted a few statues in the past, they are fun to do.
Here he was last December.
Andy P

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.