More rain (or not)

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

Revclaus, I live in central Aurora, and I watch the weather maps at work. I watch the rain clouds boil up west of Denver, drop rain, come toward Denver--

--split, raining north and south of the center of the metro area, then when they're past Denver they join up together and form furious storms.

I can be caught in the rain in north Denver, go down to Littleton and be caught in a cloudburst there, then come home to find a dust dry garden patch.

I really don't know what's up with that.

Ain't it cool we have our own forum now? I guess we can upload our own Rocky Mountain pictures.

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Here's one from up near Aspen, Maroon Bells. Took it on Memorial Day.

Thumbnail by revclaus
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

OMG thats beautiful!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Beautiful shot. Made a trip over that way to include those Maroon Bells and chose the wrong weekend. They had some bicycle race going on, Aspen was full to the brim and the turnoff to the 'Bells' was blocked to all who did not have passes. ;-(

Some day I'll get to see them.

Regarding rain, well it's sprinkling out there in my yard. Has been since an hour ago. But it is only sprinkles. I walked between the drops to go out and cover the seat on my lawn swing. LOL

Oh, drat, I just went and checked and the sprinkles have stopped. ;-(
But the clouds are still there, keeping the scorching sun at bay. ;-)
Take what blessings we can get. Clouds are good.
~~Blooms

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Good pictures revclaus. It is nice to go for short drive and see that. We have moved into our dry for about a month and my well dried up for a week and I had to stop watering until a couple of days ago. Now we can only take about 2 hours of water so the aquicoel can refill. It is slow to fill this time of year so I have become a xeriscape garden with the only salvation being my soil ammendments. Lots and lots of compost and almost all my 1 1/2 acre of plants are doing fine! I am so pleased. The sensitive ones, IE pulmonaria, astilbe, hostas in exposed areas are struggling but not serious. Every one of my other neighbors on the well are dead cause they haven't ammended. My DW and I have been fighting for years about the frequency of watering and she is coming to my corner about once every 5 days for an hour per zone instead of every day. This dry time will tell the plants to stretch out roots and win in the battle.
This is a picture of Flathead lake and a sailboat race that I was in. My boat is as usual at the back of the fleet. Well at least I can garden. LOL

Thumbnail by Soferdig

Sofer, too small.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Sorry I lost the photo and only down loaded the small view. I'll look for more sailing Photos.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

This is another one of the start line. Oh forget it.

This message was edited Aug 5, 2006 5:19 PM

Thumbnail by Soferdig

Hehe!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.