Can we have a photo?

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I didn't know where this would best be posted, so I put it over at our old thread and I'll put it here.

Terry, any possibility we can have a photo on our page? After all, this is one of the most beautiful parts of the country. We could have a contest like we did on the coleus forum. What do you say???

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Your picture of the city and mountains was wonderful! I vote for that one on the banner!

Denver, CO

I'm so jazzed to see this forum.

Lissy's Zinnia picture would crop well for a "banner," I like how it shows plants, people, and place:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=2579775

Does anyone have one of Pike's Peak? That would be fitting. Or the Tetons?

Mind you, this beautiful shot is hard to get, a great quality. It always tricks peopel into thinking Denver is surrounded my mountains!
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=2555856

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Let's give Paul a chance with the banners he has created. He's a talented young man and we are surely pleased with all the ones we see around.
Right?

Meanwhile we can share pics here on our forum as plusses to our posts.

And maybe lots of activity here on the Rcky Mtn Forum to show we REALLY wanted, needed it. Right?

Here's one to show we don't all live where the Rockies are the main scenery.
~Blooms

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView

Blooms, I have some like that from Bryce. Here's one.

Our whole region is beautiful!

Thumbnail by revclaus

I think what Terry meant is that Paul's busy creating banners for other forums, but that if we wait till he's more caught up he'll be happy (wishful thinking about the "happy") to do one for us. So if you have a photo you'd like to submit you could post it here on this thread.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Terry, is that what you meant.? Poor Paul, we do enjoy his talent and the fruits of his labors. smiling ~~Blooms

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I think that pictures are worth, how does it go, a thousand words. Even if it has nothing to do with the discussion place a picture of your area and let others enjoy the beauty that we all have and remember that the view is worth about $20 off our hourly rates by living here. LOL The northern Rockies.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Stansbury Park, UT(Zone 6a)

Hey JamesCo thanks for the vote!! That photo of the Zowie Zinnias with the Oquirrh Mtn. in the back ground is a good one I think. But then hey, I was the one who took the photo. LOL

Soferdig~That is a beautiful picture!! I love Montana. I go up there quite a bit to go fly fishing!! If you live in Montana you MUST love to fish? Is that Flat Head lake? My husband's aunt and uncle own a cabin on the shores of Flat Head. If you do go fishing, catch one for me!

Lissy

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I fly fish when on my way to work. I travel all over Montana to work. Each river is a new experience. I have learned to put on my hip boots at the car cause the Rattle snakes are quite thick in the watersheds of eastern Montana. Cutthroat, rainbow, and browns are the ones we can keep. They have stopped the catching of bull trout (dolly varden) cause we are haveing problems with circleing disease and a dwindling population.
I fish the Blackfoot (river runs through it), the Gardner, Jefferson, Flathead branches, and my favorite is the Big Hole River. No body to be seen and miles of accessable river. Of course I'm not telling you my actual best rivers. LOL
Yes it is flathead lake. Your aunt and uncle are rich. Anybody who owns a lake front is worth a mint. We have our own waterfront via sailboat. Much cheaper. Friends on an overnight get together.

Thumbnail by Soferdig

Sofer, great picture! You lucky person, you. I grew up traveling through Whitefish, Kalispell, Great Falls on the railroad where my father worked. I spent summers in Glacier fishing for breakfast. If I didn't live in Colorado I'd move in a heartbeat to Montana. As a young adult I spent one summer in Helena training people at an insurance company to transfer to Minnesota. Lots and lots of fond memories of Flathead and Whitefish lakes. What do you do that you get to travel all over Montana???

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I am a locum (traveling Veterinarian) and work when someone needs time off. I work in Alaska, Montana, and Seattle. I like the mental picture of fishing for breakfast. I remember that too. No freeze dried food anywhere. Well maybe a can of spam. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.