Welcome!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Here's a place just for those of you gardening in the Rockies - enjoy!

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Thank you so much! This will be wonderful!!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

You're very welcome!

I don't envy you your growing conditions - I grew up in southeastern CO, so I'm familiar with seeing my mom try to eke out a garden despite lots of alkali, thin soil, not much rain and not much growing season.

Stansbury Park, UT(Zone 6a)

WHOO HOO!!! I guess our HUGE thread on the vegetable garden forum worked!! I am so glad that you set this up for us! THANK YOU I am sure that there will be many of us Rocky Mountain folk who will use it.

Lissy

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

THANKS!

Kaycee, WY(Zone 3b)

Thanks so much! This is so going to be fun!
I mean to be able to relate with others who have close to the same climate is wonderful!
Mainecoon i busted up reading about your deadly bricks lol
The other day it rained close to 40 drops,yes we counted them lol and told the DH that with that much rain we almost had a true flood! LOL
This is kinda off the topic ,but does anyone have problems with Knapweed?
We have bindweed here but the true invader is the knapweed. The only thing that truly worked for us was using the bugs,but they will only eat one kind. The russion knapweed you can't get rid of. We have had the weed sprayers come and spray for it ,which helps some but when it gets a hold its i think almost impossiable to get rid of.
Anyways thanks again for this wonderful forum~ This was early May and as you can see was burning up even then.
Becky

Thumbnail by wild_willow
Denver, CO

Triple Fancy!
Thanks Terry!!!
Kenton

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Hey, that's cool! Thanks!

Once again the rain is passing us by and I see flood watches on TV for west and north of here. Drat!

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

From where I'm sitting (looking to north), it appears to be headed your way. Look up ^ ...

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Im glad (in a way) you can relate Terry.
We got some rain.. not like what I heard Wheatridge got tho.. 2 inches in 40 minutes? Im tickled we got any at all here. The sun is just now out again.

I'm headed over to the Rocky Mountain Forum!!

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

THANKYOU, Terry and everybody. It will be great for us in and near the Rocky Mtns. And Yes, I or we in this area, do have a problem with Knapweed. I fight it all the time. Not too much in my fenced in garden area, but bad along my drive and around pump-well area. It is a horrible pest.

Still no rain, temps in mid-80s. And very smoky, they are warning us elderly people to stay inside with windows and doors closed and don't work too hard. About all I do outside is the continous irrigating, and picking my veggies to eat.

I tried to take a picture of the very red from smoke sun last evening, but couldn't find a setting to show up the red. This is all I could get.

DonnaS

Thumbnail by rutholive
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Yes Donna the only joy in forest fires is the beautiful sun sets. THANK YOU TERRY AND DAVE for caring enough for the few of us lucky to live where everyone else wants to. LOL

Thumbnail by Soferdig

Sofer, can you post a larger pic? I can't really see it. Thanks. And you're absolutely right about how lucky we are!

Judith

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Sorry I didn't copy the bigger one.

Thumbnail by Soferdig

Gorgeous! What's lake below?

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

The previous shot is from Big Mountain ski area down to Whitfish below. The lake is Whitefish Lake. Off in the distance the mountains decend down to a small patch of green. That is my house surrounded by the pastures of the elk farm around us. Flathead lake is to the left of us. This is the opposite view from our house to the ski area beyond.

This message was edited Aug 6, 2006 5:39 PM

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

I used to go hiking in the foothills above Boulder when I lived there. Somewhere I have some great shots of the area. If I ever find them, I'll try to remember to scan and post them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.