Native Columbine

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hello All! I have purple columbine, but I would like to have the native stuff. Does any one have any? I have some seeds for trade, but forgot to label them. I could even buy the columbine from you.

Thumbnail by music2keep
West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

I had good luck trading purple columbine on the seed trading forum. Come to think of it, yours looks different than mine... I have some native columbine I would be happy to trade

Chesapeake Beach, MD

Our eastern columbine (aquilegia canadensis) is red/orange and sometimes yellow. The blue columbines are native to the west, not here in the midatlantic. I've got tons of a. canadensis in my gardens, but I'm not sure if there are any seeds left out there right now or not. There are several eastern commercial sources for a. canadensis seed. The New England Wildflower Society would probably have them. Or check and see if there's a source list on the website of your state's native plant society.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thanx Mary, I'll try that route,

claypa, I don't have any columbine seeds to trade. I do - however - have some Cleoni, Siberian Iris (purple), and some wild morning glory ~~~if you are interested.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

You'd probably get a LOT more responses if you posted this in plant trading. I posted the link below for you. But you're not allowed to pay for plants. Someone may offer to send them for the cost of the postage.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/planttrading/all/

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thanx hart, will do. Already have...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.