Thunbergia alata

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

How easily will this root from cuttings, and what is the best way? I am thinking of trying rockwool, peat pellets, and maybe just in soil, all in plastic bags to create some humidity. Has anyone has luck any other way?
I know they are easy enough to find, but this one is very special to me. I was hoping for some seeds, but I havent seen any from all the blooms I had.
Any help is much appreciated.

Piedmont, SC(Zone 7b)

Let the flower dry on the vine. Aren't the seeds taken from the center of the flower?

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

I haven't seen any seeds on my Thunburgia 'Apricot Smoothie', either.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I have been looking all over, and I just am not seeing them. I just potted the plant to a bigger pot, and will hope for the best LOL.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I brought home a yellow thunbergia from our last roundup and he said he layered it, so we know that should work....and I found a seedling of my "Apricot Smoothie", so there must be seeds there somewhere. I've looked also and didn't see any either. I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow.
Sherry

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

Thanks, please let us know! I have found zero Apricot seedlings and mine is blooming like crazy. I cut some lengths of it, the darned things bloomed for a week in a vase but were not inclined to root. I'll have to try layering.

I know it's too strong a grower for some but I am extremely happy with this vine. It is a performer!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.