Are there any new miracle tools?

Beaverton, OR(Zone 8a)

Is there anything on the market better than a old fashion rake? My pine trees drop the fuzzy little brown things ( they produce the yellow pollen in spring ) and are almost impossible to keep raked up. I seem to get half dirt when I rake. Its great along the retaining wall because I can stand up and every other day I pick them out of my plants and the dirt by hand. If I was physically able I would crawl thru the beds and pick the rest up but that is not possible.
I had wanted to put a little path made of pea gravel to give the beds some neat looking structure has the plants are just wherever there is not a tree root. I guess I would never be able to keep the gravel clean.

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8b)

Leaf blower?

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

A vacuum shredder. Just suck up the debris and spray it back on the area. it returns all the soil and adds compost.

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8b)

A staff of gardeners! :) (Not that I know from first-hand experience)

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Herpst if I had a staff of gardeners we would be fighting over who gets to do the fun stuff every day.

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

They make a thin metal (or plastic tines too) rake that has smaller tines on it. It is hard to explain but is like a leaf rake. It would work better than the normal metal rake.
Carol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.