Ticks

Front Royal, VA

Question. Is there any special soap made for humans that will kill ticks? I had found a small deer tick that had latched on to my hip, and then I found one that fell out of my hair and onto my arm tonight. I also found one on my cat. I re-treated him with the spot on treatment from the vets...but what about us humans? If the poison ivy, ticks and chiggers don't kill me, the chemicals I've been putting on all summer will! These woods are a dangerous place!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

The ticks have been awful this year and the fleas were bad so bad for a while that every time I walked outside I got flea bites, stripetail. Even the Advantix isn't keeping the ticks off of my dog this year. I now have a flea/tick collar on her as well and have been reapplying the Advantix every three weeks instead of four. I've also been checking her every night for ticks just to be on the safe side.

And I've been finding a lot of them on me too when I've been out in the yard. I've had pretty good luck with Skin So Soft when I remember to use it but I've been using a good bug repellant spray if I'm going to be out there any length of time.

Front Royal, VA

I didn't know that bug repellent works on ticks. I'll just have to start applying it every morning. Thanks.

On the banks of the , VA(Zone 7a)

Eat lots of garlic, maybe?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I used to give my dogs garlic and brewer's yeast and never saw that it had any effect on the ticks at all.

They were probably going, "Finally! Some seasoning!"

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Hart - LOL too funny!!! "Now, THAT'S Italian!!!" Agree with the skin so soft...even spray it on the dogs if we're walking trails!!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Does that help the dogs? If it really works....Maybe I should try it on Jack, altough he stays outside too much.

Thumbnail by music2keep
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Looks like a panther there! What breed is he?

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

someone dropped him off at my house last spring. I took him straight to the vet and she said that he is 1/2 Sarpei. One of my husbands friends has pit bulls and Woody said that he looks like his pits. So I went on line and yep...he looks like a pit with a few wrinkles and really short ears. He's the most well behaved dog I have ever had.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Sweet baby...I love him!!!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thanx! So do I (we). I have even been able to get him to learn a minute bit of sign language. He's smart.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.