Arisaema triphyllum seeds

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

Can anyone give instructions on propagating jack-in-the-pulpit from seed? My lone plant somehow found pollen and I would like to maximize the opportunity. This was a purchased plant three years ago. I am not sure I have the proper conditions for natural seeding.

Port Orchard, WA(Zone 8a)

snapple45, I did just that, I saw Arisaema seeds at a nursery, and planted them inside at about 70% they sent up a small seedling and then died, I thought they died.when I looked in the soil there were small pearls in the soil, I planted them out and they sent up little Arisaema plants. I now have big Arisaema's. isn't mother nature amazing. I never heard of two stages of developement like that, hostajim1

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

Thank you hostajim1. I would have probably have thrown them out without noticing. Zone 5 has some winter stuff we have to deal with so I am wondering about the timing of sowing and planting out. How long did it take from germination to the "pearl" stage ? I might do half inside as you did and let half just fall to the ground and see what happens.

Mary

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.