scented geraniums

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Anyone know a good mail-order place for a big variety of scented geraniums? (Should that be "gerania"?) Anyway... the only place I have found so far is Richter's and I'm hesitant to order from them. I have before, and it went well, but somehow starting a plant in Canada and shipping it to Texas... just doesn't seem good for the plant. Any ideas would be welcome! I'm looking to get a bunch of different ones. Thanks!

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I think there is a new forum for scented geraniums.....

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

DeBaggio Herbs in Chantilly, VA, has a great selection. http://www.debaggioherbs.com/

Got to be something closer to you, though!

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I'll check it out -- thanks! VA is a lot closer than Canada.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

They won't ship to TX - only neighboring states.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Ah, well. I shouldn't get them now, anyway. (pouting) I'll find them somewhere. I'm still working on making the garden bed fit for plants!

Southern, United States

This place has a really large selection too - http://geraniaceae.com/

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

GREAT link, princessyfs! Thanks so much. It has everything I want. I'm putting in a 20' round herb garden with four paths, and I plan to line two of the paths with these. (Rubbing my hands together in anticipation...)

Southern, United States

Oh, that sounds like such a great idea! Be sure and post pictures when you're done.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I emailed them and they said I could go ahead and order and they'd hold shipment until it's a little less hot than a burning coal. They really have a great variety. I'm taking pictures every few weeks, and as something noticeable gets done, and when it's near completion I'll post them all at once. I'm excited.

An English herb garden in Lumberton, Texas. Who'd believe that?

Southern, United States

That's exciting! They have so many different varities. There was a co-op that tried to get running earlier this summer, but just not enough interest. I'll be looking for the pictures - be sure to post a link here. fran

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Sounds gorgeous. Do post pics.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I ordered four varieties -- cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and coconut. They will border two of the four paths that lead to the center of the garden, where I'll either put my birdbath with the owl in the center or a pedestal with my sundial. The other two paths will be bordered with calendulas and marigolds. And I went a little nuts and ordered seeds from No Thyme Productions, too. Keep your fingers crossed; I ordered Spanish lavender, which should grow down here in the swamps. If this turns out half as pretty as it is in my head, it will be worth posting! Think good thoughts -- I hope my abilities and Mother Nature's cooperation are up to this! Luckily, I have time to plot out the companion aspects.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Sounds like it will smell heavenly, too! Good luck.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.