Can Anyone Identify This Perennial?

Issaquah, WA

I moved into my house 18 mos ago and split this plant last spring into a pot and into a different place in the yard. It did not enjoy being moved as it did not flower last summer. This summer both transplants are budding. It is evergreen and apparently takes quite a bit of neglect as I did almost nothing to them all last year (no mulching, no fertilizer, hardly any water). I vaguely remember the former homeowner had kept the tags stuck in the ground near the plants - I think the picture was of a purplish/lavender flower. They are about to bloom and it's driving me crazy because I have no idea what they are or its cultural requirements. Help!

This message was edited Jul 11, 2006 6:22 PM

This message was edited Jul 11, 2006 6:23 PM

Thumbnail by Chunny
So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

It looks really interesting. Post pix when it blooms please and I hope you get an ID. I'm always interested in plants that can take neglect. LOL

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

CHUN,
It looks like corn crossed with palm tree, LOL. Agree with KATY re: flower.

Best;
bluelytes

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

LOL Blue corn x palm! I am now intrigued too and can't wait to see what blooms on those tall stems. Sorry, I can't even guess at an ID.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

The leaves look Limonium (Statice) and the blooms look Eryngium. I'm stumped.

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

It does appear to have a lot of Erygnium characteristics doesn't it.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

It does but the leaves don't match.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

The buds look sort of like astrantia to me but I don't know what the leaves look like.

Gwen

Portland, OR(Zone 7b)

Looks like a Stokes Aster to me.

(Zone 1)

Looks like a Stokes Aster to me as well.

Thumbnail by westocast73
Issaquah, WA

Ah, thank you! It does appear to be a Stokes Aster. You gardeners are so dang smart...
Thanks again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.