My ws winners

Floyd, VA(Zone 6b)

I had a lot of failures; many due to my slowness in getting the seedlings planted out.
However, as I was looking over what I can share with a friend, I realized I do have a lot of good results: Malva Braveheart, Malva Mystic Merlin, Hibiscus Purple, Coral Nymph, Centhranthus rubrum, double black hollyhocks, asclepias, lots of delphiniums, many oriental poppies, hardy geranium, primrose, basket of gold, cupid's dart, Shasta Daisies, several kinds of columbine, 4 dwarf lavender crepe myrtle, Majorette hollyhocks, pink double hollyhocks, adenephora-ladybells, campanula lactiflora, daylilies, foxy digitalis, and others I can't call to mind.
I definitely will do this again after Christmas. Right now inside under lights, I am growing a few Japanese iris, daylilies, several kinds of hollyhocks, 2 kinds of tall sweet william, canterbury bells, more shasta daisies, several kinds of beardless iris, and I will add quite a few annuals for fall color. Of course, not all of these will necessarily germinate; but what do I have to lose?

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

How come you are growing them inside instead of outside?

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

It does sound like you had a lot of success!

And what I love about wintersowing is that you can grow so many plants that aren't available in the garden centers (and for so cheaply!)

I read on the Wintersown website that it is possible to use that method all year round-- have you ever tried it in summer? --I too am curious about the lights...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.