LOOKY HERE What I FOUND today!!

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

Its a bouncing baby Prince Valient bloom. Well, I HOPE it is a REAL BLOOM, otherwise, I am gonna look REALLY SILLY.

Thumbnail by bluelytes
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8b)

Hooray! Congratulations to the proud parent!

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

HERP,
TYVM!! I only planted that about a month ago.

Best;
bluelytes

So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

blue, and nothing is munching on it yet? Lucky you.

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

KATY,
YET being the correct word, :( But, I only planted it about a month ago.

Best;
bluelytes

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Blue, is that a daliah?

Viv

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

VIZZ,
You are correct re: dahlia. Aint it GRAND!?

Best;
blue

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8b)

If you love dahlias, do stop by Connel's dahlias on Waller road in Tacoma. They have a catalog & are at the Puyallup fair every year but there is nothing quite so wonderful as roaming through acres of (well - labeled) dahlias in bloom, seeing the habit of each plant, the interesting colors of the foliage and marking the order form with which ones you'd like to order. I always go a little crazy & have to walk through several times to pare down my list. I tend to forget when buying plants that my garden is already quite full.

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Make sure you give us a pic of the bloom, Blue.

Viv

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Gee now I see why every woman wants to have a Prince Valient in their lives. Did the plant arrive on a white horse? LOL I can't wait Bluelytes

Lakebay, WA

Yay blue! My wildcats are in full swing now, 6 blooms in various stages and a few cut in vases. My bodacious haven't popped yet, but the buds are so swollen it looks like it could happen any minute. All 30 plants are doing well despite being on the menu for so many creepy crawlies.

I need to visit Connel's and see if they have checkers and/or patches. We bought the majority of ours from a grower in Snohomish, bit of an odd bird he was, but prices were fair and bulbs were wonderful quality.

Send another pic when it opens =)

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

MARI,
Be prepared for STICKER SHOCK at Connels, IMHO. One plant they wanted 15 for, I got at a dahlia farm closer to home for 4.

Best;
bluelytes

West Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Blue, What dahlia farm was that? (I can take another person in my car).

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

LARI,
Their website: http://www.lynchcreekdahlias.com/ , and, they welcome guests (with calling prior to visit). Starts about mid August. They are UP for a RU visit also, hint, hint.

Best;
bluelytes

PS Tell them I sent you.

Lakebay, WA

Blue yes we should do a round up there. I'm always up for meeting new people and spending money on plants :)
Pic of a new baby that is popping open. Don't ask me what variety of dahlia it is though, as my DH did NOT USE TAGS! He has them, don't get me wrong. And I bought more tags last night with the warning that I would stick them in his compost pile if he didn't use them :-D

Thumbnail by marionslaten
Lakebay, WA

Blue, I told my DH about Lynch Creek. He went to their website and browsed the images. He said the only thing he wanted from them was a Fuzzy Wuzzy and that wasn't enough to make him waste a day walking around. Pfft! I told him I wanted a Prince Valiant and there were a couple of other dual colored ones that I liked and that it was fine if he didn't want to go, I could spend his money just fine without him :-D

Image attached of an orange cushion. I had put the newly opened bud image above, and it's taken about a week to open up this much.

Thumbnail by marionslaten
Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

MARI,
I have both Fuzzy, and Valient, well, at least I think I do, will know when they come up. I'd be happy to pick up your order and pass it on to you.

Best;
bluelytes

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.