help!

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

I have several lilies that are now coming up, they have put out really nice leaves, but it looks like the flowers buds die or something, where they would normally be, I have three little shriveled-brown looking nodes that I think were the flowers. Or I have another one that's all leaves, no sign of a flower bud. Anyone had these problems and have suggestions to deal with it?

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

In a word, the weather. I have tons - at least 20 stems where this blasting has happened, or maybe with 7 or 8 or 3 or 4 buds on a stem so I still get a few blooms but not as many as usual. Maybe too dry. Maybe frosted. Probably weather. What you say to yourself is ...... nedt year.
inanda

Waxhaw (Charlotte), NC(Zone 7b)

Are they planted i relatively deep shade ?
This happens on occation to my lilies which do not get enough sun.

Otherwise, this can happen if the lilies go through excessive wet/dry cycles. You can compensate by watering regularily (and deeply) through summer and use a good organic mulch. Also make sure fertilizer is applied in spring.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

I have the same thing happening on some of my lilies this yr. Never had it before. Now as dry as it is, botrytis blight has hit me, so spent yesterday and this morning spraying.

Seems like you have to fight to get anything this yr. Weather? We have had one rain in 2 months and that is not normal for Wisc.

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

I've had some of mine do it also. Very annoying.

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Me too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.