Question......

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I am looking for places that sell pottery, in large quantities, pottery dealers, pottery makers, manufacturers etc etc. Y'all get my meaning right? Now, this has to be within a "normal" driving distance from Woodbridge, i.e. a day trip kinda distance! Of course the major criteria is cheap(ish)!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Have you been to the Pottery in Williamsburg?

Crozet, VA

Yes, I thought of the Williamsburg Pottery too. Hmmm......might have to add that to plans for next spring. I still have loads of pots that I bought last year on clearance. Problem is that they are small and the things that I have been planting get much larger than those. Well, I do suppose that I could always use them for house plants that won't be growing too large.

Bec - It is probably about time to begin looking at nearby stores for stock that is being marked down. Don't know how many of any certain type that you will get, but what the hey?

Last summer I loaded a cart down at Big Lots when they were closing the gardening section for the year. What ever you decide, good luck.

Oh yes - probably kind of late to do it this year, but maybe next spring some of us can do a day trip to Harpers Lawn Ornaments in Harrisonburg VA.

A person could spend a day there looking at all of their items. They also have a website that some of you may be interested in looking at. I am not sure if they have close-out sales of not. And Bec, you might find what you need at Harpers also.

I hope that everyone will have a great weekend.

Ruby

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I didn't think of Harpers. Harpers is open year round I think, Ruby. They're certainly open now. They have a website that lists a lot of what they offer if you want to check that out. Great suggestion.

Bec, if you can get to Weber Nursery in Winchester very soon, they have everything in their garden shop on half price including the pots. Sale ends July 16 but I don't know how fast they're selling out of everything.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

BTW, if you all do want to go to Harpers and make a day of it, the Green Valley Book Fair is also on until July 16. They usually have a great selection of garden books and terrific prices.

http://www.gvbookfair.com/

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanx for the info, I just checked out the Williamsburg Pottery site, and it looks like a MUST!! I feel a roadtrip coming on!! Yuhuuuuuuuuu

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Also checked Harpers and they do have some great STUFF!!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

What about Pigeon Hills pottery? I really like their stuff!

http://www.pigeonhillspottery.com/

Shenandoah Valley, VA

When I lived in Richmond, I went to the Williamsburg Pottery three or four times a year. Fantastic bargains and just acres of stuff. Lots of other outlet shops nearby too.

Harpers is just fun. Everytime we go, I tell SO I want the 30 foot chicken for the front yard. Every time, he thinks I'm serious. LOL

I really do want the nearly lifesized pig with a planter in his back, though.

Be sure to check out their windchimes. Expensive but absolutely positively the prettiest sounding windchimes you've ever heard. Enchanting. They're made in Manassas Park.

Crozet, VA

Hey everyone - I would love to know when anyone plans to visit Harpers, Green Valley or The Williamsburg Pottery. I am up for a day trip. It needs to be before the 27th in order for me to go. Please continue to post.

Yippie!!!!

Ruby

Sounds fun, I would love to go! Weekends are best for me, but I can get a babysitter if there's a better time.
Nikki

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Sounds like fun!! Me too re weekends....got that Mon - Fri 9-5 thing going on...LOL

Three hours might be too far for me though. I guess it depends. I would at least need another willing Marylander. I'll see who I can get together.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hey y'all, I am so planning a trip to Williamsburg now, and I need to go before the end of the month, I have to leave around the end to go close on the house we sold in MT. So it has to be next weekend or the one after, 15th or the 22nd! If y'all wanna join me you are more than welcome, it would be fun to have someone along and a great way to see others in action at shopping! Hubby says I disappear into an "oblivious zone" and get this determined look on my face and the rest of the world does not exist!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Let me know what you decide, Becky! Most my kids will be in Delaware w/their dad next weekend...so it'll depend if my oldest's car is here or not. LOL - that made no sense, I know...sorry. Just let me know.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Chantell, sounds like next weekend it is! Hubby is heading out of town and gives me an excuse to get out!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Alrighty then...I'll find about the "other" car situation and then we'll be set.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Bec, I wish I could go with you. Haven't been in years. Actually, I've been to Williamsburg more recently but not to the Pottery. We did something I've wanted to do for decades - went to Williamsburg for a few days at Christmastime. It was without question the most wonderful trip I've ever taken. Candlelight dinners at the taverns, warming ourselves by the little fires they set outside while listening to carolers. And the decorations were fantastic. Spending days walking through the colonial section and the folk art museum. Gosh, it was terrific.

BTW, if you're taking other people, better take a van because you're going to need room for all the stuff you buy. Seriously. I went with a friend one time and we barely had room for ourselves when we got back in the car to go home. LOL

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL, yes, I figure we need a bigger vehicle, I have just the one for the job, van it ain't, but a decent size SUV, with back seat that folds!! Yuhuuuu!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.