Help, Pink spots in my lawn

Bothell, WA(Zone 7a)

I just put in new sod last summer and now I am starting to get PINK spots, most of them are round but not a ring, it's filled in the middle. What the heck is it? I tried to look it up on the internet but didn't find anything conclusive.
Have any of you had this problem and if so what did you do about it?
Thanks, Donna

Bothell, WA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the links Poochella, It looks like that may be it. I have been watering soooo much during the hot weather that I may have overwatered. I have a half acre and much of it is in sod. I am certainly going to keep my eye on it. Maybe it will just get mowed away now that I am not watering as much. The cooler weather is a nice relief. Donna

Duvall, WA(Zone 7b)

We had red thread in our sodded lawn. They told us to use a regular fertilizing schedule, spring, summer and fall. It was worst in areas where the soil under the sod was not very good. And eventually went away. We had been using Whitney farms organic. Seemed to do the trick

jb

Bothell, WA(Zone 7a)

Thanks jb, I had yards and yards of soil blown in before the sod was put in sooo who knows. It was sort of wierd cuz my new sod last year had mushrooms sprouting here and there. I read where acid soil promotes mushroom growth and the same for fungus. Thanks for the suggestions. I am a 70 year old women who is trying to garden a half acre alone. I thought I needed to give it a go before (or maybe never) going to a condominium. This forum sure helps me cuz sometimes everything gets a little overwhelming. :)Donna

So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

Donna, I'm sure you can make a go of it. Just pace yourself and don't try to do it all at once! (I'm not very good at taking my own advice, LOL) There is special satisfaction in being able to say "Yes, I did it all by myself". I get so tickled when I hear my grand-niece say that! I know just what she feels. Are you starting from scratch or do you have some foundation plantings?

Bothell, WA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the encouragement KatyMac, I had landscapers blow in the soil,
put down the sod, and plant a bunch of trees. They also enlarged the slate patio and installed a fountain and stepping stones from the front of the house to the back and put in a few perennials near the house but I have put everything else in. They didn't finish until late last summer so it was exciting to see some of the trees bloom this Spring for the first time. I will send pictures sometime soon. (when I get them organized) :)Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.