What is blooming for you today?

Thomson, GA

Last fling for many of my flowers, it seems. The dahlias just keep on blooming. Gosh I love them. I am going to have LOTS more of them next year.

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

And these little mums that were rooted from broken stems. Today the bees, butterflies and Lord knows what those other funny looking bugs were, were all over the mums.

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

Something weird going on with this rose; I don't think it's suppose to be a double. I've got an awful problem with black spot on all these roses. There's three pink ones, a white one, and old fashioned yellow and this one red. I'm going to clean out all the old mulch this weekend and use some of that Bayer I used before. It really helped.

Thumbnail by guardians
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I'll take that rose any day. Beautiful double even if it's not suppose to be a double.

My klondike Cosmos is blooming wildly! Planted the seed in May. The package said it was coreopsis Tetra-Mix showing a bright yellow picture with a 2'-3' ht. Well, let me tell ya, I was quite disappointed when it bloomed orange. I had planted Scarlet Queen zinnas next to it, red blooms. Wrong! They turned out pink. The bed was supposed to be yellow and red only. Turned out to be orange and pink. Pretty, though it's not what I was hoping. When the "coreopsis topped out at 10' tall, I took a bloom and leaf, went to plant search on the puter and id'ed it. Turns out to be klondike cosmos.
I had sworn off cosmos all together after the seashell cosmos turned out ugly, huge and only had two blooms on a 6'x5' plant. Plus, it grew bigger and taller than the package said it would. Not to mention planted in the wrong spot for such a huge plant. Luckily, the klodike cosmos was planted next to a fence which serves as a support. I'm happy with it even though I didn't know I had been seed swapped by Burpee. However, I don't want surprises so I'm not buying any future seeds from Burpee.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

In my garden I have red firespike, dahlias, Endess Summer hydrangeas, blue giant salvia, toad lilies, white brug, cannas, white mums, melampodium, red and yellow butterfly weed, purple mexican petunia, white butterfly bush, purple asters, and Cleopatra camellias all blooming. The American Beautyberry has beautiful fushia berries all over it. It's such a pretty time of year.

Thomson, GA

Pins, I'm hoping that next year I will have something blooming all the time. I'm grateful to have anything blooming right now, but am "sowing the seeds" so to speak for next year. Tons of bulbs, spring and summer, perennial shrubs of all kinds, I just can't wait! It's a good thing I like the holidays so much, otherwise I might be just miserable with nothing blooming in my yard. But at least the leaves are gorgeous! Oh my, they take my breath away. My beautyberries are dropping their leaves (were beautiful a few weeks ago.) I have a real problem, though, the birds love this plant and one of them is right by my driveway. I find a lot of "berry juice" on my car after it has gone through the birds I guess.

I found another odd but pretty plant in my wooded area today, it has fuscia colored flowers that seem to be replaced by seed pods. I'll take a picture tomorrow to try to identify.

Your garden sounds beautiful! Giving me lots of ideas I had not thought of, thanks for sharing. Love to see some pictures.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

On November 16 Most things are gone but not Salvia greggii Hot lips or any Salvia right now. Farincea blooming nicely, splendens won't quit. Still have zinnia profusion white and fire, Scaveola, Tea Olive, Impatiens, Aster vimineus (weed to most folks but is 4x5 solid white right now), and one straggling Lobelia cardinalis in full flower.
Of course we haven't had a freeze yet so my Gerber daisys are blooming too. Add a few day lilies that are confused and thats my list.

Thomson, GA

Spring is definitely coming. First there are the daffodils blooming in the yard, hyacinths on the porch, and then this morning, I spotted a first for me. The Vinca Major I planted under an oak is blooming!! I did not know the flowers were so pretty, as I have never seen one in bloom. So glad I didn't miss it. I have lots of other bulbs poking their heads up through the ground, a relief to me as I planted them VERY late and worried I had really goofed. Can't wait to see them blooming.

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

My Wally world $1.81 Sedum that fizzled at the end of the year have also come back and look healthy and beautiful.

Thumbnail by guardians
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Daffidils with muscari. I may not have spelled these correctly.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Crocus and silla. Probably got these spelled wrong too. I was always the first person in class to sit down.

Beth, these and the other picture are those bulbs I bought from Walmart the day I bumped into you there last fall. I took your advice and didn't buy the tulips.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

scilla, hyacinth, yellow iris, and a couple of my succulents! I need to get out there with the camera...

Erin

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Besides bulbs, Virginia bluebells, pulmonaria ( 3 different kinds), trillium, Star of Bethlehem.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Daffodils, crocus, iris reticulata, vinca and forsythia. Hope it stays warm, I'm itching to plant stuff. I got 4 blueberries, 2 figs, a viburnum and a crepe myrtle from the Gwinnett Extension plant sale. Becky

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Every year I plant more crocus - they are such a wonderful spring surprise!

Thumbnail by sterhill
Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Becky, can you believe I forgot the Gwinnett Ext. sale? My hubby will be happy to hear that! LOL My neighbor's parents work there and I still forgot. I can blame it on the sinus meds for making me spacy!
How long do you keep crocus bulbs? This is the second year mine haven't bloomed. I got them from Growers Outlet a few years ago for .50. Guess I can't complain, I got my $ worth. Just have the green shoots.

Susan

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Hi! I'm new around here, but I got SO excited this morning, when I saw my first Hummer of the year at my feeder! I had to tell someone who would be excited, too! As far as blooms, I have ranunculus, daffodils- though about half have come & gone, pansies (still!) wallflowers (just planted), poppies (just planted), creeping phlox, clematis, dianthus, azaleas, the last hyacinths, the last bloom on my star magnolia, a few roses, and my blueberry bushes! Several things are "on the verge": salvia, Japanese iris, scilla, sweetpeas, and, hopefully, dutch iris. Oh, and my tomato plant has a couple of not-quite-open flowers! :)

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I love the wallflowers - I have yellow ones and mauve ones - they bloomed all winter. You can take cuttings and they will grow to a good size very quickly. Wonderful plans!

pink azaleas, creeping phlox, daffodils, muscari... the white azaleas haven't showed up yet....

Thumbnail by Raggedyann
Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Camellias. Don't ask me the names.

#1 is in a large glazed pot and I've had for a couple of years.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

#2 is the same age as #1 and is in another large glazed pot. Unfortunately this is the last bloom for this season on this plant.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

The rest were just purchased from Pike's two weeks ago.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

I wish camellias bloomed all year long.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Primroses. The white and yellows are survivors from last year (squirrels and heat). The red and blue are recent additions.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

graceful_garden, did you report seeing your hummer? Glad you told me. I'll put up feeders today!

http://hummingbirds.net/map.html

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Janet's great aunt's iris from her garden to mine planted early last fall. The wind was blowing the flower so the picture may not show it justice.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Mcdonough, GA(Zone 7b)

I have muscari and daffodils, of course...doesn't everybody? And several different colors of anemone (these have been really satisfactory plants!), Old-fashioned iris similar to the ones in the post above, daphne, winter honeysyckle, and that's about it except for the paw paw, plum and pear trees.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

my anemones have never come back a second year. Please tell me your growing conditions, sweetpea.

I have some heucheras, plumerias, rue anemone, 4 different colors of epimedium, trillium (different species), and more Virginia bluebells blooming.

Wow, heuchera blooming now? One of mine has just started showing it's leaves, the other is still sleeping ( I hope it's not gone).

Susan

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Hi, Cordeledawg! Yes, I saw 1 on Wednesday, but I haven't seen one since - though I haven't been watching very closely, & I think yesterday's wind may have blown him away! I took the budding of my perennial salvia, which the hummers LOVE, as a clue to put out my feeders! Good luck and thanks for the link! -: { <

Mcdonough, GA(Zone 7b)

I don't know, pins...They're in the front, get morning sun, and do very well...have spread and bloom like crazy! I just planted according to the instructions on the box. The soil is well-ammended and porous. That's all I know!

Geeze, Carmen! You sure have the luck of the Irish!! My virginia bluebells are no where near ready to bloom! Heuchera etc. are just emerging. Finally!! I need everything to come up in the side shade bed on the driveway so I can dig them up! They are beginning to tear out out place on Monday..FINALLY. I had to leave the garden until spring so I could find all the little things I'd forgotten I've planted in there!!!

GGG

Phenix City, AL(Zone 8a)

in a friends yard......chinese snowball viburnum

Thumbnail by gardening101a

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.