Pics from the Lily Garden field...

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Here are a few pictures I took at The Lily Garden last weekend. Many of the sections were not labeled. There are two fields and I visited this one. Unfortunately I got tired and hungry and it was hot, in the 90s. The other field must have been the trumpets and OTs since I didn't see them here. And speaking of here, here is the lovely pollenless"Surprise"!

Thumbnail by pardalinum

This is Flirt.

Thumbnail by pardalinum

An unlabeled tango type.

Thumbnail by pardalinum

One of my favorites, Classic. I had to lift it up to get the pic. Keep in mind that the fields are dug and replanted every year so they never get a chance to grow tall until they arrive at your garden!

Thumbnail by pardalinum

I really like the reverse of Classic!

Thumbnail by pardalinum
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

This message was edited Jul 2, 2006 9:50 PM

Here is a nice (but not labeled) bicolor.

Thumbnail by pardalinum

I am holding some of my pics from the L.G. for this coming winter when we are all dying of thirst (for lilies)! Next year I will do the trumpet /OT field if I visit again.

This message was edited Jul 2, 2006 7:21 PM

OK, back to important business here. A field view of Karen North...

Thumbnail by pardalinum

And Karen North up close...

Thumbnail by pardalinum

Here is an overall view of this field...

Thumbnail by pardalinum

Here is a section not yet blooming; I believe Schez and Silk Road here...

Thumbnail by pardalinum

After traipsing around the field I found that I was a bit pollinated front and rear (I'll skip the rear pic). After hanging my jeans on the garden gate for a week in the sun, the pollen stains are finally gone!

Thumbnail by pardalinum

The Lily Garden had an overstock of some of their scale bulblets and were giving them away! Here is one of the crates of bulblets. It looks like they do their scaling in straight vermiculite.

Thumbnail by pardalinum

Having crates of bulblets in front of you is like having plates of chocolate chip cookies sitting around (at least to me). I had to keep going back for more. And there were still a lot left over at the end:o)

Thumbnail by pardalinum
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

How lucky!! I'm green with envy, lol. Sounds like a great outing.
Neal

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

How lucky that you live so close to LG ~ and free bulblets to boot!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Do they have an open house? When I called to see if we could tour their lily beds, they said they weren't open to the public.
Would like to know so I could plan to go there when I next take a trip to Oregon and the west coast.

Maxine

My visit was in conjunction with the Pacific Northwest Lily Society's annual symposium or "Lily Day" as it was called this year. This usually takes place in June, with information being posted on the society's web site when the plans are firmed up.

Fox River Valley Are, WI(Zone 5a)

Have you been to other lily fields in Washington? I noticed there are a few shops online that are from that area. I think it was Lily Pad and B&D? Anyway, If you have curious about a comparison: field sizes general impressions...

Good day,
intercessor

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

pardalinum-- loved your photo tour of the Lily Garden--sounds like a great day.

Your lily society has first rate programs -- wish I could join in!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.