Tecoma Stans 'orange jubilee'

McAlpin, FL

Does anyome know if these come true from seed?
AND..how fresh is too fresh when concerning seed? I have some Mexican Sunflowers setting seed right now that I'd like to use to increase my beds, but they're very fresh. Should I let them dry for a few days first?
thanks!
~Bren

Missouri City, TX(Zone 9a)

My daughter tells me that the TS orange jubilee do not come true from seed- they are super easy to grow from cuttings if that helps.

McAlpin, FL

It might! Anyone have extra cuttings? lol
I ordered 2, but they won't arrive for 4 more weeks. I'm afraid they may not make enough growth for me to get cuttings before our first frost.

Let me know if you need some cuttings and i can probably arrange it.

McAlpin, FL

aprilwillis, I would love some orange tecoma stans cuttings.........what are you looking for in exchange?
~Bren

hhmmm Bren, what have you got to offer? I am pretty wide open, can't say that I am looking for anything in particular but am always open to suggestions.

McAlpin, FL

I have a few (3 maybe?) Tithonia Diversifolia cuttings rooted and getting leggy in their 4" pots...Or I have Justicia (pink) rooted and potted....
OR!!! How about some fresh (unrooted) cuttings of Lady Margaret Passiflora or Vigna Caracalla??
Anything in there that interests you?
~Bren

Oh my do you really mean Vigna Caracalla?

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1884/index.html

if you have that and are not getting it confused w/ Snail Vine, as many, many do, we have a deal!!!
Right now I have about 4 and have promised 2. I can easily cut and root more if you need more than 2, just let me know!

April

McAlpin, FL

April...that is indeed the one I have. Beautiful purple corkscrews!
I know I can get a few cuttings, but if you'd like one that's rooted and growing I can try to get one for you. Think it would make the trip?
Maybe a combination of both?
I'll see how many cuttings I can do and let you know.

~Bren

Oh sounds good to me!
Checked what I have and I do have 2 well rooted smallish cuttings- will make the shipping minimal and will grow quickly once you get them. do you want both? do you need more? Just let me know.
April

McAlpin, FL

April, I just went and cut 12-15 cuttings of my Vigna Caracalla. (it doesn't show at all!!)
Any number up to this would be fine. I do still have the rooted one growing if you'd prefer. I could ship it with some dirt if you'd like.
Either is fine with me.
Just let me know. I figure I'll ship Monday to prevent a long stay in the PO.
The cuttings are kind of long so I'll send in a priority box.

Sending you dmail.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.