Weber's Nursery half price sale

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Just got back from a foray to Winchester for the Weber Nursery half price sale. Everything, all the tools, fertilizers, plants are on half price.

Got the most gorgeous variegated forsythia "Fiesta" in a big pot for $6, some big blooming daylilies for $6, galliardia "Burgundy" and a couple of heucheras for $2.50 in quart pots, and a couple of nice bog plants for the ponds. I also loaded up on Plant Tone, Millorganite and garden sulphur and bamboo stakes.

They have lots of perennials in big pots, lots of shrubs and trees, a pretty good selection of daylilies. Things were going pretty fast but they were restocking the plants from their farm all day. Go sooner rather than later if you can. If you have a pond, they have very nice pond plants (nothing much in the way of floaters though) and some really nice domestic koi.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Meant to mention, they had MONSTER coleus. They were the coolest looking plants - the leaves were about 5-6 inches across and long. At least I assume they were coleus. They looked like The Coleus That Ate Winchester.

Also lots of big hostas and roses. Forgot to mention those.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Well, since this thread has whipped up such a frenzy of interest ... LOL

I found out what the monster coleus is - it's called Kong coleus. They had some at Walmart today for $3.84 a pot.

http://msucares.com/news/print/sgnews/sg04/sg040429.html

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

See now...if you'd said they had CACTUS there...well now...I'd be headed up ASAP!!! LOL Now about that 12 step program...

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I think they had four or five little cactus in the entire place. They had roses. They have pricklies. Must be in the cactus family somewhere. LOL

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Well, at $3.84 I would have bought one too! ~ Suzi :)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Actually, the ones at the sale were cheaper, less than $2 a pot in quart pots. I didn't buy any. Maybe I'll get some next year.

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Sounds great. You might want to propagate them and have plenty! ~ Suzi :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.