Photos of Garden Statutes

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I love seeing different garden decorations, statutes, arbors ect...
I collect fairies/pixie's so you know what I have alot of! I am hoping pirl puts in a pic of her "Daughter of Neptune". It is just beautiful!!!!! Please post your pics., I'd love to see them!
Here is one of my "Pixie's"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

And another , this one is a solar light and is so cute at night!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Finger Lakes, NY(Zone 6a)

I too love architectural additions to my gardens.

Thumbnail by rsquared

...and

Thumbnail by rsquared

...also

Thumbnail by rsquared
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

rsquared,
I love the fountain and if that last pic is a bird house then the birds must LOVE you!!!

Thanks!! Actually the birds do love me, but that is not their birdhouse. My favorite birdhouse was custom made for me by my three sons and my husband for Mother's Day years ago. I live in a 110 year old Victorian home. They made the bird house out of extra parts we have used to repair our own home and painted it a few of the colors I painted the "real" house. I have attached a poor picture of it this year; but I love the baby finch in there waiting for food.

The other statuary actually has a small light in it (added by my husband per my request) to keep critters out. I didn't want hornets or bees nesting. It is beautiful in the evening as it is the only light in that garden and we keep it lit even covered in snow.

Thumbnail by rsquared
Westford, MA(Zone 5b)

Here is my Chinese warrior in resin modeled after the Chinese warriors found in Xian, China:

He is fairly tall may be 12" in amongst the hostas and Japanese painted fern.

Sue

Thumbnail by sedum37
Westford, MA(Zone 5b)

Pixie I forgot to mention what a fun thread! I love angels too. Here is my angel in my rock garden taken in Winter. I have to get another picture as the garden is much more lush now.

Sue

Thumbnail by sedum37
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

sedum37
I really like the chinese warrior, but love the angel! She is just so peaceful looking sleeping amongst the plants. Please do take another picture, i'd love to see it.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

The buddha came with the house. The previous owner collected them but didn't want to pay to have this one shipped to his new place in Florida. I kinda like the old guy.

Thumbnail by AYankeeCat
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

He's a lot more authentic than so many that are around now! His face looks like he sees a happy child or a happy pet.

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

This is a fun thread, love to see all your architectual additions to gardens. I do not have many but an angel and this year I added an elf and decided to use him in a container for the time being. Oh yes I have a bunny and a frog but no pictures of it

Thumbnail by Maria
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Cute Elf!!

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

yes, he is Dave, that's why I could not resist him , lol

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yankeecat...Love the budda. You can almost see the wisdom in his eyes.
Maria, that elf is sooo cute and I love how the mushrooms and hummingbird accent the scenery.

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Pixie,

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Great thread!

Maria--I like the way you planted your elf a little home!

Yankeecat-- what luck that the owner left you a beautiful statue!

rsquared- I am dying for a fountain like yours. Simple but elegant. I have looked but only find ones with a lot of ornament on them.

Pixie I too collect fairies- but I really only like the Cecily Mary Barker greenish old looking fairies. They are surrounding my daughter's garden this year. It started with my sister getting me the Christmas Tree fairy a few years ago. She lost her arms and wings due to weather, but I still have her and she looks kind of like the Venus De Milo. I got her some fairy friends on Ebay and they all come in for the winter now. We will have no more armless or wingless friends!

Thumbnail by Ivy1
Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

And I really like my shepherdess-

This message was edited Jun 29, 2006 4:57 PM

Thumbnail by Ivy1
Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

and her shep-

Thumbnail by Ivy1

This is a great thread.

I love "stuff" in gardens and it is great to see so many nice "things" in your gardens!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I couldn't agree more!!!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Pixie, this is fun! Goes without saying that I love your pixies ( I WANT that solar light LOL). Ivy, I guess we have a lot in common. I am in love with CM Barker's flower fairies. I made both of my granddaughters quilts out of flower fairy fabric and I have 3 of the bronze-toned statues in my fairy garden, including your Christmas Tree fairy.

I loved seeing everyone's 'decor'. rsquared, the birdhouse must be very special to you.

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

here's the Willow fairy

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

and the Lily-of-the-Valley fairy. I should move her to the front of the house. That's where my Lily-of-the-Valley grows.

Thumbnail by grampapa
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Gram,
I love those fairies! This great I am seeing more fairies than I thought I would.
Anitabryk2,
I saw the photo of the flowers you posted on "What's growing Part 2" and noticed the fairy/angel? That photo belongs here!!! Definately fits right in.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2006 8:13 AM

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Grampapa- I love Lily of the Valley! I don't have that one.

Here are some of mine:

This message was edited Jun 30, 2006 9:32 AM

Thumbnail by Ivy1
Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

and ...

Thumbnail by Ivy1
Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

And poor little Scilla

Thumbnail by Ivy1
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Ivy, I love Scilla. I would also like to get Rose and Columbine. (who am I kidding...I want all of them LOL). I have a Fairy Garden where they live. Hummingbirds and butterflies are also welcome. The fairies kind of keep an eye on things when I'm not there. If only I could get them to pull weeds ;-)

This message was edited Jun 30, 2006 10:20 AM

Thumbnail by grampapa
Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

I think mine are more likely to make weeds grow :}

My fairies are very mischievous. I've asked them to please quit tripping me right before I go down the basement stairs and it seems to have worked. they are much better behaved now.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2006 12:16 PM

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

I have another pretty pet-

Thumbnail by Ivy1
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh, Ivy, she's a sweetheart.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Here ya go Celetste!

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Here's another angle and with a friend!

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Here's another I like..

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Anitabryk- I love that fairy. Very nicely placed too.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Me, too, Anita. These fairies are everywhere.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Anitabryk2,
I'm sooooo glad I bugged you!!! LOL I knew that fairy would be beautiful! Thank you!!!!!!

Endicott, NY

Here is some of mine!

Thumbnail by maddio

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.