Blooming on the REAL June 27

Maysville, MO(Zone 5a)

Fantasy Quilt

Thumbnail by Moonlighter
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here is Mildred Mitchell. In the garden the colors look more alike.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Maysville, MO(Zone 5a)

Spanish Masquerade

Thumbnail by Moonlighter
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Another daylily from a trade, this is Spanish Saga, a pretty hose in hose.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Lots of Wild Horses. This one just took off this year.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

White Perfection

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Purple Serenity. A tall one.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

It's taken True Pink Beauty 3 years to give me this first bloom.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Orange Vols

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Romantic Dreams

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Another Rags to Riches

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Calypso Bay

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Victorian Lace

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

FFO Blueberry Breakfast

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow Susan, I hope my Calypso Bay looks as good as yours does this year. Beautiful!!!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Gonzo. You're right. I just couldn't think of her name this morning. I loved her work
Susan- What a beautiful picture of Wild Horses. This is my Art Gallery Deco. Guess it does look somewhat like MM.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Bay, AR(Zone 7a)

Well thanks.... I guess I'll keep posting them, then, when you put it that way. I got about 20 from a classmate in my master gardener class last year, and he had tagged the names on about 15 and the other 6 or 7 he'd lost the tags. Well... he must not have been very organized, as I've found a few labeled wrong, and some I haven't been able to confirm, so they must remain noid's, I guess. Seems like you should have LESS and LESS noid's instead of MORE!! Don't you just HATE when that happens? But, I'm slowly acquiring some of the nicer ones.

And while I'm here, I want to thank Calif_Sue for being such a thoughtful soul. When I posted about my father's passing last month, and my wish list of dl's with Dad, Daddy, or Father in the name, she sent me a fan of MAGNIFICENT DAD and as if that wasn't enough, added 3 HUGE double fans of CLOTHED IN GLORY! Sue, you are so sweet, and I will not only reminisce about my dear, dear, daddy, (and cry a little, too) but will also remember you for being so kind. I have them planted in a bed in front of my front porch, and they are doing really well, and if you see ANYTHING.... and I truly mean ANYTHING in my DL journal or otherwise that you'd like to have, you just say the word and it is YOURS!!!

I left work early today to take care of some things, and I'm about to go walk the garden again and see if any of the partially open ones from this morning are ready to have their picture taken!
Till later,
Gail

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Gail I know what you mean. This one was sold to me as Song Sparrow wich should be about a 5 inch flower and some brown tones to it. This is definatly not 5 inches and no brown tones and not even a yellow really. The pic is true to color and only about 2-2 1/2 inches across. The scape is only about 18-20 inches high. Its definatly a mini to me.

Thumbnail by Dravencat
Bay, AR(Zone 7a)

Yeah, my classmate gave me one labeled 'Cartwheels' and I've (edit to add: been) SO anxious to see it ever since last year. It was one of the few he gave me that never bloomed, and now that it has, guess what it is? AUTUMN RED! And he'd given me some of it already, so now I have two large clumps! Oh, well....

This message was edited Jun 27, 2006 4:03 PM

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Any idea about who this daylily is? It was sold by a big house as a rebloomer I think and I can't find the brochure.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I think that Fancy Face and Let it Loose are going to have to come stay in my garden.

Jane Trimmer seems to want to bloom all at once.

This message was edited Jun 27, 2006 2:19 PM

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

And I do like 'Ballerina Beautiful'. I am enjoying pinks on the blue side and it seems as if there are a lot of very peachy pinks out there.

Thumbnail by doss
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Didn't we decide this was Sunday Gloves, Janet? It's quite pretty and almost white.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

3 Royal Butterflies

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Almond Puff

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

Blueberry Sundae in the rain

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is Orchid Octopus. It's new so the flower is very small right now.

Thumbnail by doss

FFO on Cherry Frills in the rain

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Candle in the Wind in the Rain ( anyone noticing a pattern yet?O

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh yeah! it's pretty much that way around here too. Here's Barbara Mitchell in the rain

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Baronet's Badge

Thumbnail by gingerjar

yep you have probably gotten even more than us, GJ - your plants are still looking good though!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Bela Legosi

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Buried Treasure

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Chief Four Fingers has two polys and two not today. That makes 4 of 12 ploys so far this year

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Christmas Special is looking especially special today, I thought.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

This is one of about 9 different proliferations that I planted in 2004. Three of them are blooming this year, and all three look to be having prolifs, so maybe it's an inherited thing. This is Dragon's Eye.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Erratic Behavior

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

Wow!!!! Gasp! Pant! .....thud.....

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Don yes we did, glad I did some research before I bought that one and some others it made it alot easier to ID.
There are so many beautiful flowers today and alot that are already on my wish list.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.