Heeere Leeezard, leeezard, leeezard

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

lol TxT . . . you don't ask for much now do ya? :P

If we get that much rain . . . I will personally pack you each red ant in the mound. lol

See there, I knew she was gonna try to talk me out of my pup . . . wait till I tell her how much that boy can eat :D

Ok, what else . . . 9 Anoles - Check. 2 Red Tail Hawks . . . hmmmm . . . those are dine in only items :p . . . ummmmm . . . and I hope you have a really large truck, cuz these Live Oaks are gonna be a trick to haul if you don't. Oh and you're gonna have to help me catch this wiley lizard. :D

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

lol...I'll be bringing the big ole flatbed trailer by on the morrow...to load up those trees of course...and hmm...let's see...instead of the anoles, I'll take a couple of maters off of your hands, including any green ones for fryin' :D and hmm...no need for the red tails, I have a mated pair roosting over the crispy cow pasture. Annnd let's see...definitely have to have the red ants, and no cheatin' putting fire stingers in there with them, lol. I suppose instead of the horned toads, just give me a couple of squirrels, aww never mind, they're eating all of my bird seed, lol.

Yep....I think that should do it.. :D

This message was edited Jul 1, 2006 11:01 PM

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Ohh no . . . you gotta take the squirrels too - now that you mentioned them :P

And don't forget the gekos either . . . I've got more of those than I can keep up with. lol

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Well, I'm happy and pleased as pie that all of the shakin' and hollerin' has resulted in a bit of rain this morning. Notice that I say "a bit" but worth the itty bitty soak. Do I hear the sound of a giant straw outside? lol Sure hope we get some more.... :) Funny how things just sort of "green up" even after a little rain.. Uh oh, NOW I'm seeing flying ants on the air...which means the fire stingers are on the move...yikes...

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey...we just got another little soaker...life is good.. :)

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Woooooo Hooooooo . . . we did too . . . guess all that fancy dance'n finally paid off? :D

btw - Sweezel . . . how are those lizard pups come'n along?

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Sorry GD, just got back from vacation...

They seem to be gone. :( I checked on them every day last week and Wednesday they were gone. No sign of the eggs or babies were found. Not sure if Momma moved them, something ate the eggs, or they hatched. I did see the other skink - the five lined one with a blue tail. He had taken a home in one of the other pots, but got away too fast to get a picture of.

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Well, I'm choosing to imagine them happily hatching and wandering off to live their little lizard lives among your flower pots. :-)

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

lol Mud . . . yeah I'm bet'n they're do'n fine and are happily hunt'n rolly pollys somewhere near by :)

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Wellllll, oldmudhouse ...
Oh lordee .. there goes my day. (LOL) And I'm tryin' to hold my tongue tightly too! ..

Lively lil lizards livin' languished lives like lizards like to live, leerily lapping lasting luxurious lives in lizard la-la-land ...

I'd sure nuff wondered where you'd gotten off to, Sweez ... Good to see ya back, but sure hope you and yours enjoyed your vacation!!

((huggs))

- Magpye

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

lol Mag . . . and all this time I thought it was "Leap'n Lizzzzardz" ? :D

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

((spitball headin' yer way, GD))
.. for I plum fergot all about 'at'un!! .. LOL

((huggs))

- Magpye

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

just peekin'... lol :)

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

In case anyone is still watch'n this one . . . here's that elusive little lizard that I've been try'n to get to hold still long enough for a photo :)

btw - I sent a a couple of pics to that guy from the utexas link posted above. He said he wasn't 100% sure about the exact ID on him, but if he had to guess he's say it was a type of fence lizard - (Sceloporus Undulatus) and gave me this link to check out. I'm not so sure, but close enough I reckon . . . lol
http://www.zo.utexas.edu/research/txherps/lizards/sceloporus.undulatus.html

Thumbnail by GD_Rankin
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Sure looks like a fence lizard to me...GD...It looks like an exact replica of one that was curled under a piece of limestone in my back garden not too long ago. I remember catching a huge male that was about as thick as my wrists...lol...You never see them that big anymore, sad to say.

Thats a pretty good webpage there...good reference source for anyone needing a good ID for a Texas reptile. :)

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Yeah that's a pretty good site . . . I also sent them some pics of my Coral snake since their Coral snake page seems to be lack'n a tad ;) But he hasn't posted them yet . . . prolly busy with other stuffz - and I totally know how that goes. :D

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

lol...yeah... :) I've definitely bookmarked it...in case something else hides itself in my garage or garden....lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.