Brown tips on lily leaves

Brighton, MI

Hi there, I planted lily bulbs for the first time ever last fall and they are all growing great. I noticed on one plant that all the leaves have brown tips. Could this be from frost damage? Will try and post a pic. This is the only plant of 10 that has this. I have orientals and asiatics mixed in the bed. Thanks.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Sounds like it could be frost damage ~ hope you can post a pic.

Brighton, MI

Here is the pic...hope it helps.

Thumbnail by pauhaus
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Could just be frost damage as it appears that it's only on the top leaves. I take it they haven't gotten any worse?

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

One Saturday I slept in and didn't get to watering until after 10:00 in the morning. It was a really hot day. A few days later I noticed a few lilies developing these brown tips. I am assuming that I caused the problem by getting the leaves wet and subsequently causing a sun burn. They bloomed fine. Hopefully, this will not impair their ability to transfer energy back to the bulb for next year. But, if the damage was worse, I would not expect to see that lily for a year or 2.

Brighton, MI

Thanks Moby and beaker. No, not any worse, seems to be fine and has buds forming.

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Here is a pic of sunburn on one of my orientals. They didn't like the 100 degree heat wave we had a couple of weeks ago. I don't grow many orientals for this reason, though some that I do have seem resistant to it.

Thumbnail by pardalinum

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.