Poland, ME

Bloomed today:

Echo

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Poland, ME

Granny-Tetraploid Asiatic

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Nice!! Is your lily season just starting?

Diann

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Granny?! Very cute!

Poland, ME

Yes, I only havbe a few blooming so far. And I have hundreds to come. We had a VERY wet May and early June with over 20 inches of rain in five weeks. Now that the sun has finally reappeared, thinghs are moving along nicely.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Coloration on Granny is superb!

Poland, ME

A new one openned today. Brenda Watts

Thumbnail by Mainiac
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Mainiac,
Love "Granny" have never heard or seen it before. Where did you purchase it?
Glad to see someone from Maine has lilies in bloom. Mine are budding but nothing has really bloomed except "Elegant Lady". Like you said.....we got to much rain way to fast but the lilies seem to have benefitted from it!

Poland, ME

To be honest, I don't remember where I got Granny from. Maybe the Lily Nook or the Lily Pad. New today, glows across the yard in rich cantolaupe orange--Clubhouse (LA)

This message was edited Jun 25, 2006 10:32 AM

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yep, that DOES glow! I have a daylily like that ~ looks like it has a spotlight on it even in the shade.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Club house is an eye catcher! Love it!

Poland, ME

another new bloomer but I lost the tag!

Thumbnail by Mainiac
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

aaaaahhhhhh....I like that one! It looks huge!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Oooh Oooh, they are all so beautiful!!! Keep the pictures coming, ok? ;)

Diann

Poland, ME

THis is a species lily I got from China last year and it survived my winter outside here in Maine.

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Poland, ME

This is the same unknown as pictured before, but a better picture. Feel free to jump in with an ID if you can!

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Poland, ME

How about a martagon. Too wet to get down and look for the tag. (Raining again here! UGH!!)

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Poland, ME

Another picture of Clubhouse. Note the Red Lily Beetle damage on the foliage. Aren't you glad you don't have them!

Thumbnail by Mainiac
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

This is "Color Parade" I planted it in a pot as the bulb was sprouting early. The other 2 bulbs that came with it I planted in my flower bed but they haven't started blooming yet so I got a nice head start with this one.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Beautiful ~ I really like those wavy edges.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Ooooh Ah, they are like fireworks! :) I'm in a lily lull at the moment... Either that or I've just had my head down weeding so much that I haven't looked up to see any new ones blooming....

So, what do you do for the lily beetle? You have some really nice lilies and I'd be declaring war on anything that messed with them.

Diann

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Mainiac,

Did you get that species from Chen-Yi? What did she call it? Maybe John Lyk........
could ID it for you.

It is very beautiful.

Looks like you do a good job catching the !@#$ beetle.

inanda

Poland, ME

The Red Lily Beetle is believed to have come over from Europe and is spreading throughout New England. It is a varacious pest which will completely defoliate a plant if left unchecked. I use the Bayer product that contains immucloprid (sp) It does a reasonably good job and keeps them in control. As I have several hundred lilies, I have to spray or I would have none left. This year the rain is also making lilies difficult. Bortrytis is ugly. I have sprayed for that too. We have had at least 25 inches since the beginning of May!
Yes, the white lily came from Chen-yi. I believe it is L-06 but will have to look it up.
I have a particular love for down facing lilies.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Ah.......Sometimes you have to spray, No way around it. Luckily, we are still OK here. Don't know for how much longer though, as our wild lilies will be good hosts for them
inanda

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

You have some great ones. I especially like "Color Parade".

susan

Poland, ME

New today Shimmer from Buggy Crazy

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Poland, ME

New Today China

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Poland, ME

Martagon Mahogeny Bells

This message was edited Jun 29, 2006 6:49 PM

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Poland, ME

Suntan. Love those downfacing 1 c's

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Poland, ME

Parfait Frost

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Poland, ME

Tahitian Dawn (pollenless)

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

Wow, wow, and wow! Oh, by the way; did I say WOW!?

Fox River Valley Are, WI(Zone 5a)

Do you know where I could get "Clubhouse" from? I looked at Lily Garden, Nook, Pad, B&D, and plantlilies.com :*(

intercessor

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh so nice!!! keep the photos coming!!

Diann

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oooo, I really like Tahitian Dawn

Poland, ME

New Today
Corsage

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Poland, ME

Heirloom Lace

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

More beauties!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I really like how the spots are such a dark contrast to the petals on "Corsage". Love that one!

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Intercessor - I bought Clubhouse at our local NSLS Fall Bulb Sale. Not sure where they got it from. Will keep an eye peeled for it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.