Who ARE you???

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

A bunch of us lily fans bought this packaged lily this spring as "Salmon Star" Oriental. Obviously NOT! Rosy pink, downward facing and delicate spots. Any ideas out there?

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

That looks like the Rose Tigers I planted last fall, but got a melon colored ones instead. Does it have all the tiger spots or is it just lightly spotted? Sure is pretty.

These are much smalled than tigers. Very delicate, short leaves on the stem. Iowaron says he thinks I've got "Tinkerbelle".

And my "white with red speckles" Anartica just bloomed pink today....
I KNOW the garden stakes are just where I put them. Aprodite, Cancun,Oklahoma, Stones, Kiss me Kate, Lollipop and most of the others have been right.

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

I've just added Tinkerbell to my wish list. I have something similar only in orange called Viva. It's just getting ready to bloom. I sure do like the small ones with the recurved petals.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wanda, can you show us a pic of the face of the lily?

I won't even tell you what this is supposed to be because it is so far off. I bought it locally but am not sure where.

Thumbnail by Moby

Moby, the darn thing is first year and only foot tall in a filled bed. Hard for an old broad like me to get under it to photograph. What if I break off a bloom & photo it???

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Don't do that! lol I just thought it would be nice to see it's shiny face.

Here's another mystery lily

Thumbnail by Moby

I'll see what I can do. Laying on the ground is no problem, it's just that the lily is at the back of a 8 foot deep bed & I don't want to break daylily scapes in front of it.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Go through the neighbors yard, silly.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Like your mystery lily, Moby.
Where did you purchase it?

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Moby..I do too...lol..I love those old fashioned ones...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I got it at our society sale, and think it came a members' private garden.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Wanda, Could your mystery lily be Ariadne? Why not cut off one bloom and after you have photographed it, float it. I do that often, when I don't want to cut a stem. I'll pick a bunch of florets and float them in a pretty bowl.
inanda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.