Orienpet 'Red Hot' or 'Sweetheart OT'?

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

This one bloomed today and I am not sure what it is. My garden "map" says it came up where I planted 'Red Hot,' which was purchased from a place that is occasionally wrong. However, it looks more like 'Sweetheart OT' which my map says I planted in another area of the garden and was purchased from a very reputable grower. The flower that came up in the 'Sweetheart' spot put up a stalk but didn't bloom this year. It is the first year for both of these flowers in my garden.

Do you think there is any way that this flower could be 'Red Hot' or could I possibly have gotten the wrong flower? I am very careful when I plant...checking and rechecking the name and then immediately putting it on the map but I guess I could have gotten them mixed up.

Any ideas?

Thumbnail by Texas_Doodlebug
Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

I think it's Red Hot. It just might be a bit faded from the sun.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I'd say Red Hot, too. It has much softer coloration than Sweetheart.

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

I don't know what it is, but it is beautiful!
Sherry

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks. I know flowers can vary with soil and heat (and we have some heat!). It was just so different from the pictures I have seen. Looks closer to the ones in the plants files than most commerial photos I have seen. I really wish re-touched photos weren't allowed. I appreciate the reassurance.
:-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.