First lily bloom of the season

Albrightsville, PA(Zone 4a)

Miss Burma

Thumbnail by woodthrush
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Beautiful---

Hey isn't that an Oriental, what are you doing getting Orientals when I don't even have Asiatics blooming yet. You're a lower zone than I am.

Rude--

LOL
Polly

These were container grown. They were just coming out of cold storage when I bought them and they just zoomed! Can you see all those buds! I am just amazed. I love lilies.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Those are so pretty...oriental lilies my weakness...or at the top of it.. as we speak..my house is full of pots of oriental lilies blooming (garden party and casa blanca...first year with garden party, and it is huge and very pretty.), the males in the house have told the smell is getting to them....lol...put them in pots because I didnt want to have to cut them and mess up the bulb...I cant leave a lily on the stem...got to have them inside...and preferably sitting in front of a mirror to see all sides.. just love them.

Yes, Pam, I love to cut them too. I'll wait til I have a few more open blooms though.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I only learned you shouldnt cut them...so I thought I would do the pot method for a few years and give the news ones a break...I drive my neighbor crazy...cut my roses the minute I know the bud will continue on to a flower...for some reason it makes him nuts I cut my flowers to enjoy inside. He has the prettiest roses I have ever seen...not at a public gardens..he wont cut them to bring them in..drives me crazy...so we are even. Sure hope everyone doesnt burn out on posting pictures...just love it.

I don't cut the same ones every year and I don't cut the whole stem and foliage off when I cut them. Never had a problem with them reblooming the next year. I use the bulb food on them in the fall too.

I figured I'll keep adding photo's to this one instead of starting new threads. This one blooming today is Elegant Lady.
Does anyone know how long pollen is good? If I saved some from this lily to cross onto another in a week or so?
Pam

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Miss Burma is a beauty.

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

The dwarf orientals bloom very early. I have about four different ones and they are just about ready to open up.

Everything seems early this year. My coneflowers are budded.

Still Miss Burma but with a lot more buds opened.

Thumbnail by woodthrush

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.