Stunted lily

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

I moved into my house last and come spring i redid all the garden areas. I inherited a few lilys from the previous owner. All of them but this one are doing exelent. This one was the tallest last year and now has been reduced this year to about 1 foot and it hasent done any growing in about 1 month. The bulb on it was about 3-4 inches wide and all i did was move it from the back yard to the front. I dont know if i should remove it for fear of disease or just leave it?

Thumbnail by MrEli
West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

all my lilies are so close to opening. I've had a few open so far and i have no clue what they are. so if anyone can help me identify these i would be very appreciative.

Thumbnail by MrEli
West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

and, the only other to open so far.

Thumbnail by MrEli
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Mr. Eli,

Welcome to the lilynut forum. Your first lily looks to me like America, what do others think?

Second one is most def. Lollipop. The stunted one is probably because you moved it. It will be fine next year, as long as you moved it into well drained soil, not under a pipe or anything like that.

Good luck with your lilies.
inanda

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

I agree about Lollipop. The other could be Landini. So many of these look alike, it's hard to tell.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

First one could also be Blackjack. I have a lily that looks very much like your stunted one. It was a huge bulb that I received and planted last fall. Maybe 18" now, but should be much more. I am just going to watch it and see what happens. I feel like it is just transplant shock, not disease, but I'm just guessing.

Susan

This message was edited Jun 19, 2006 1:14 AM

Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

The pic of the first one looks like it has Borytris which is a fungus. Spray it with a fungicide through out the summer and it should bloom if it doesnt get completely defoliated. The bulb will be fine next year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.