Can I root Double Impatiens in water?

New Port Richey, FL(Zone 9a)

I want to save my impatiens, they are becoming leggy. Can I cut them and root them in water? Or directly in soil?
Thank you for any help!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I wish I had my camera working...I have two double decker bird baths full of rooted double pink impatients....I break them off of a hnaging basket next to it...one day just put them in the bird bath so keep till I finished...forgot them...within two days there roots had stared...now the birdbath hos so many cuttings...and they bloom away...it looks like a huge double decker planter. Actually just got home from home depot getting some soil for them...need to gut that hanging basket back again and I will just fill the birdbath for another go-around.

Thank you so much for the help. I love these plants, but they are beginning to look a little sad. Your bird bath sounds beautiful.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

just an accident...but one I intend to duplicate. Brings the flowers up to a nice level as well...would have never worked if I had actually thought of it as an idea lol ;o

Boy are you right. Things we plan never seem to work out as well as the accidents do.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.