Does anyone recognise this one?

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

This came in a mixed bag and I would love to know what it is so I can order some more. My puppy broke off one of the petals on this flower so I just stuck it back for the picture. In person the yellow is a rich gold and the red is sort of rusty.
Thanks for any ideas.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

It looks like one of the Orienpets but I am pulling a blank name wise.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I have that same exact lily blooming...have it sitting right beside me comparing, and im sure it is the one. I too am lost on the name...got it when I didnt care...came from Robertas bulbs who sells on qvc...it love it...its the only one that I saved and put in a pot from critter theft....finally had it long enough that it is tall enough I could cut it and bring it inside and still have plenty of leaves and stem for the bulb to be happy. Now I mostly plant in pots so I can bring them in when blooming and enjoy them...plunk them down in a ceramic pot...but then take them back out to prepare for next year. Hope someone might know...now that I save the name and mark them I would love to get this one last one marked.

I have had this one for several years and this is the first time I am seeing the flowers. Previously the deer got the buds and this year, thanks to that mischievious puppy, all my lilies and day lilies are actually blooming! I think I remember buying some Orienpets; aren't they the ones that do better in warm climates?

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Thats a good question...considering the money I am putting into lily bulbs...I want them to live down here. Buying lilies and hostas is very confusing being on the line of zone 8/9. I do have some trumpet liles about to bloom...first year someone sent me the bulbs...i know im pushing the zone but want to smell it sooo bad.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

It looks similar to Shocking and Touching and there's also the American series. http://www.lilynook.mb.ca/library/library-Div%20VIII.htm

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Look at the lily post that came just after this...enlarge the photo...looks like same lily, but hers is newer and hasnt gotten all its color I think....I know they dont look alike at first glance on the threads...but enlarged...i think it could be.

You mean this one? http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/616441/

I think you are right Glory, they are pretty close if not identical. Kittymom
did not name hers but I will ask.

Moby, what a great site. I think it might be American Bandstand or American West. Mine has that righ gold color like Bandstand and the rusty color like AM. West. I am leaning more toward the West.

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

It could also be American Original.

Thumbnail by beaker_ch
Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Or Alchemy

Thumbnail by beaker_ch
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

That lily looks like one I have, called Robert Griesbach, an O.T. Lily . If you do a Google search you'll find this lily right away with a picture.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Or Robert Swanson, both are at the bottom of this page: http://lilies.blomsbulbs.com/containertiger.cfm
Though I must caution you ~ when buying a mixed bag, you frequently get seedlings that have no name at all. But if you find one that you like, it's very possible to purchase other lilies that are similar in appearance.

Robert Swanson is pretty close also. It couldn''t be the Griesbach because, although the picture appears to be pink there is no pink on the flower.
I had originally eliminated the American Original because mine is showing less red but it is possible that is just a variation. Am. Original is the direction I am presently leaning in.

It's funny, Kittymom said hers was Scheherazade and came from Park's; mine also came from Park's but I am fairly certain it is not that variety. I am betting Park's mislabeled them and that is why I got mine in a mixed bag.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.