A couple of small alliums

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

This one is insubricum, I love it!

Thumbnail by Galanthophile

Not open yet but this one is sikkimensis

And cyathophorum

The whole plant

And finally Oreophilum Zwanenburg

somewhere, PA

They are all lovely. Do you grow them from seed or have you found a source for them?

Tam

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Your are a bit ahead of me...mine are just starting to bud...right now I only have the giant onions in bloom but my first alpine type will be A. falcifolium, which should be open in the next couple of days.

I've grown insubricum 5 times and I've gotten either senescens or cyathophorum...I'm on my 6th try now. One of these days I'll get the real thing!

Thanks. Yes Todd I've heard that insubricum is sometimes sold as anything but. I think I have the right one. I bought all of these as plants in bloom or bud from reputable nurseries. I've just got a new catalogue from Paul Christian and he has some very nice ones listed....

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Delightful, and wonderful photos!

(Zone 5a)

Lovely photos galathophile! I grow A. insubricum - it's my favorite one! I finally found it for sale last year! I've also been trying to grow A. narcissiflorum - I think I'ver tried raising it from see twice. I think I got some plants last time - not sure if they're still with me or if I managed to kill them. I'll have to look for them next spring.

Thanks, I've really enjoyed my alliums this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.